PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Gaming (GMT+0)

Valarian
March 29th, 2008, 14:35
After iCon08 has subsided, I'll be switching my regular campaign on to a fortnightly schedule. The reason being a bit of campaign fatigue, and the desire to add some variety in to my GM schedule.

In the off-week, I'll be running a series of short (2 to 4 week) scenarios using various gaming systems. The time slot in on Sundays between 8pm and 11pm UK time. I'll update this thread post with the latest dates. Check at the start of this thread for the time and details of the next game.

Valarian
March 29th, 2008, 14:44
For those interested, there's a test drive document (https://www.peginc.com/Games/SavageWorlds/Downloads/TestDrive.pdf) for Savage Worlds (Explorer Edition). I'll be using the older Revised Edition for running the game, but the rules should be fairly similar.

Tristram
March 30th, 2008, 04:59
Where do I sign up? Savage Worlds Fantasy sounds good to me. Be nice to be a player instead of a GM for a change. Pre-gens or some info on what we can make?

Valarian
March 30th, 2008, 20:24
Signing up ... er, here. Hadn't really thought about it and the games will change so I don't think it's worth doing a campaign calendar entry.

For characters: I can do pre-generated characters from a character concept, or you can create your own using the Savage Worlds books or the Test Drive document. The characters will be Novice, but with 2 advances (10XP).

The scenario will be set on Belmyr (my own game world) in the region of Caighyr in the Gwaelydd Peninsular. It'll start in the village of Kenmare in the foothills of the Kharak Mountains.

Humans, possibly Dwarves, would be appropriate for the setting. Magic is rare, hidden and mistrusted by the common folk of the region. Kenmare is a small village, mining metals from the hills around the village. It's far enough from the border not to suffer constant raiding from the Tribelands, but it's still in the frontier and border country. The Gwaelydd Peninsula is a Dark Ages type setting, no shining Knights.

Grosnounou
March 30th, 2008, 20:56
I am interested, but where do i go to create character ect... And i am using FG2, is that good for you?

Valarian
March 30th, 2008, 21:07
All you need is a licensed FGII to play. The game is going to be run using Savage Worlds, there's a link to a free Test Drive document above. You can use this to create yourself a character for the game or you can send me a character concept and I'll create a character based on that. A link to the setting we'll be using is in my sig below (World of Belmyr).

Grosnounou
March 30th, 2008, 23:00
Ok good i will go take a look at this

Sorontar
March 31st, 2008, 00:53
Sounds like a dark gritty campaign world, SW should be perfect I reckon. Shame my Sundays are very random.

Valarian
April 3rd, 2008, 13:02
The Babylon 5 campaign I was running in the other week has fallen through, so I'll be running alternate weeks in this manner ... short scenarios using various game systems. I've added the second week in to the original post, where I'll update session and game details.

Elf
April 3rd, 2008, 21:32
Hmm too bad about Babylon 5; it sounded like an awesome setting.

I think I would like to try Conspiracy X. Any more details on that one?

Valarian
April 4th, 2008, 08:34
Conspiracy X is from Eden Studios (https://www.conspiracyx.com/htmldocuments/frames.html) and uses their Unisystem game system. If you want to have a look at the system, a free Unisystem product (CJ Carella's WitchCraft) can be got from DriveThruRPG (https://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=692&it=1) or from Eden Studio's website (https://www.edenstudios.net/witchcraft/index.html).

The premise is that aliens are indeed among us and the conspiracy theorists are right ... in part. You usually play a character in a government agency or the military, part of a conspiracy called Aegis. Another hidden agency, called the Black Book, acts as the nemesis. However, you can also play it as an X-Files or, as I'm half-considering for the scenario: Ultraviolet (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169501/).

Valarian
April 4th, 2008, 15:45
Added the server alias in to the original post for the thread.
I'll be modifying the original post with game details, so keep checking the start of the thread.

ismael.nadir
April 4th, 2008, 20:26
Hey,

Could I join the Savage Worlds game?

Valarian
April 13th, 2008, 23:40
Next week will see the start of the second game in the schedule. This will be a Conspiracy X game (if I get any interest).

The players will be members of US government organisations, recruited in to a classified cross-functional emergency group called Aegis. The scenario will start with an Aegis alert, and the players meeting at the command centre. They will have met briefly at a training session, but this is the first alert that they've been involved in. The alert will be regarding a emergency situation, which the players will have to investigate and resolve.

If I could have any interested players drop me a PM with any character ideas, I can tailor the scenario to fit the specialities chosen. Otherwise, I'll just go with a generic scenario. I'll do some rough characters from concepts, and we can tailor them next week (20th April).

Valarian
April 17th, 2008, 08:41
Another idea for the Conspiracy X game ... a sort of supernatural investigation game based in the UK. The players would be part of a secret department SO-20, also known as the Special Investigation Branch (SIB) of MI5. As characters; you'd be either police from a Metropolitan Police Force background, UK military (especially SAS), or MI5 investigator.

If anyone is interested in playing: we can either create characters this week for play in two weeks time, or everyone sends a concept for a character and I can sketch up a character before the game session.

Valarian
April 25th, 2008, 22:44
For the players, remember to update to 2.1.1 before Sunday's game

PdO
April 27th, 2008, 20:02
What is your host address, Valarian?

Sean

Oberoten
May 4th, 2008, 23:18
Just coming back from starting this scenario. Can't wait for next go really.

Valarian has mastered the "Keep Silent and give them enough rope" technique of GMing. :)

I won't tell much of the scenario, only that there has been seven murders which we are currently investigating and the leads have taken a really disturbing turn. (Don't they always with murders? I mean seriously, serial murders that take a comforting turn has to be very rare)

You who missed this, try to show up next time. it will be WELL worth your time.

Seven out of ten so far, no doubt it'll raise further when/if we get more players participating.

- Obe

Valarian
May 6th, 2008, 13:52
Just created a group for the games on the new look Four Ugly Monsters website: https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/index.php?option=com_groupjive&Itemid=53

There's a group forum for discussing the games there, and the games have been added to the event calendar. I'll still be modifying the original post in this thread with game information.

Valarian
June 27th, 2008, 10:03
A reminder that there's no game this Sunday

Oberoten
June 27th, 2008, 10:17
Alas, the one weekend I am free for a long time. I am truly sorry Valarian.

- Obe

Valarian
July 2nd, 2008, 13:17
No probs, I know we're in to the holiday season and with work as well ...
Hope to catch you for the Ars Magica game when things calm down. There should only be one (or two) more sessions on the Conspiracy X game. I hope to get it completed before disappearing in August.