PDA

View Full Version : crash and bad data

philth
March 27th, 2008, 04:38
K I've been running a campaign using FG2 and the Savage Worlds ruleset for a while and it has been doing the weirdest things and today it crashed in a 21 character combat.

First problems I noticed started a while ago. Almost everytime I close out, I get an error message and it asks me if I want to debug or send report etc....

second thing I notice is most of the npc sheets change. By that I mean, it may list all the skills multiple times, or change all the skills to a d4, or add a bunch of edges I wrote on another NPC in...weird stuff...but still I gamed on, sometimes logging in early to redo the npc's I needed for that game....it does this evertime I reboot the program.

and tonight first it just crashed, which was a real bummer because it was in the middle of combat and the program doesn't save the map details (tokens and grids). Later the program froze to the point that I could not write in the chat box, dice still worked, or rotate tokens on the map, or write in the fields in the combat tracker or apply modifiers to the dice rolls....and I sure as hell couldn't reboot and slap all those tokens back on again..so I had to play the rest out like that.

any of this stuff happen to anyone else or is it just me.

Oberoten
March 27th, 2008, 07:43
The good news is that the "not being able to write in chatbox" thing is easy to solve. Just alt-tab out and back to FG or go from maximized to windoved. It is basically a problem with DirectX focusing.

philth
March 27th, 2008, 14:57
The good news is that the "not being able to write in chatbox" thing is easy to solve. Just alt-tab out and back to FG or go from maximized to windoved. It is basically a problem with DirectX focusing.

ahh that helps for that, thank you

Dachannien
March 27th, 2008, 22:14
I haven't had the database corruption issues you've had, but I have had graphics issues leading to a crash. Hasn't happened in a long time, though, and I never was able to figure out the cause in the first place.

Just in case, though, I do regularly close the combat tracker, use /save, and then use a web server program to help me back up the db.xml and campaignregistry.lua files to another machine. I try to do that once a combat round, so that if something does happen, we don't have to redo the whole combat.

Griogre
March 27th, 2008, 23:11
You need to fix the crash on close. The FG autosave is broken and does not work and while FG does save successfully when the program closes normally, if you have a crash on close it will not save the last session's changes. You can also use /save to save which works.

The most common crashes on close are from adding something (storybook entry, personality, ect) to a module tab or from having more than one map pin pointing to the same location.