PDA

View Full Version : Seeking D&D 3.5, Friday Evenings (GMT -5)

OneRingShort
March 25th, 2008, 20:39
Hello,

I am looking for a Dungeons & Dragons campaign (3.5 preferred, but 3.0 is fine) that takes place Friday evenings (GMT -5), since it is my only regular day off work. My preferences would tend to lean towards a new campaign in a custom, standard, or Forgotten Realms setting, but I am certainly willing to engage in other campaigns. I am indifferent to the Eberron setting as I have no experience with that one.

I have about five years of D&D experience and can play (and have played) almost any class/race needed for a party. Most of my experience is in the field of DMing, but I have played in a few campaigns as a PC. I own, or at least have access to over a hundred source books (although I sometimes enjoy the simplicity of core books only). I have no problem with role playing (especially with Fantasy Grounds), and have been known to create memorable battles. I think before I act (in other words, I don't kill random NPCs just to get their treasure, or think I play in a world without consequences). I am not a power gamer, min-maxer, or rules lawyer...I play to have fun, not just to be able to kill anything that moves.

I have used Fantasy Grounds for about two months, so I'm not completely new the program. I have gone over most of the features (at least on the DM side) and have become familiar with them. I have experience with Ventrilo and Skype, and own a headset with mic, and even a webcam if the game offers video conferencing for a more personable environment.

As I mentioned above, I would love to join a new campaign at level 1, but I'm not picky. I just ask that if it is an ongoing campaign looking to replace someone or that just wants another member, that I be allowed to sit in and observe the campaign for a session to get used to the setting/DM/players, so that the introduction of my character won't be (too) awkward.

I guess this "ad" kinda looks a bit verbose, but I guess I was just putting an 'ad' out and introducing myself at the same time. If it came out like I only want hardcore serious games, I did not mean it so. I can play in those types of games, although I prefer more friendly ones where I can do some OOC chat and joke around a little bit. :D

Thanks for looking, :)

OneRingShort

Jingo
March 27th, 2008, 04:41
I sent you a PM with an invite to our group. Time zone might not match up quite though.

kingtrue11
March 28th, 2008, 23:53
oh can i hop in? im looking for a game too with all those characteristics that he just said