PDA

View Full Version : Little 'bug' in my new ruleset

sbocquet
March 25th, 2008, 00:15
Hi,

I need a little help to find a 'bug' in my new created ruleset.

Just created a modificated charsheet and move the overview informations of the charsheet in an overview node in the db.xml

Works fine, but the name of the characters connected to the server has vanished from their image in the top-left corner of the desktop! Instead, I've an "- Unnamed -" text.

I've a search for the code to modify in order to put my "overview.name" node in place of the standard "name" node, but can't find where it is in the scripts.

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks,

Stéphane

Foen
March 25th, 2008, 07:14
I think "name" is used very widely and would probably suggest you move it back out of the overview section to the top level of the DB node.

The code you are looking for is in characterlist_entry.lua, in the stateChanged event handler. This responds to an FG-internal event which keeps track of the client activity (idle, typing etc) and also responds to changes in the name field. As the event is generated internally (as far as I can tell) there doesn't seem to be a way to tell the code to monitor overview.name instead of name.

Sorry if that wasn't much help,

Stuart

sbocquet
March 25th, 2008, 08:18
Hi,

Thanks for the answer... That wasn't the one I expected, but the one I imagined when watching the code :(

If a dev. team member of FG2 reads this, could he confirm that answer ?

Thanks in advance...

Stéphane

Goblin-King
March 25th, 2008, 09:49
The issue is a bit complicated, due to the fact that the value of the node containing the name is not available when the character is selected, on the client end.

The actual node containing the name, relative to the character's main data node, is given as a parameter to both User.getRemoteIdentities and User.requestIdentity. Updating these (in identityselection_list.lua and identityselection_entry_base.lua) should help.

The reference documentation for User.requestIdentity appears to be outdated. We'll fix it, but you should get by just replacing the "name" parameter in the mentioned locations.

sbocquet
March 25th, 2008, 10:03
Thanks a lot Guru ;)
This works perfectly... The name has reappeared ! lol

Have a nice day,
Stéphane

Foen
March 25th, 2008, 10:59
Cheers Tero, this throws a bit more light onto an arcane subject!

Stuart

sbocquet
March 27th, 2008, 13:34
Hi,

Unfortunatly, I have found another strange one.

On the client side, the name of the character is visible in the character selection window. But on the server, got an "Unnamed" instead of the name...

Tiru (or anyone else ;) ), do you have any idea ?

Thanks a lot...

Edit :
Don't mind about this one, it is solved ! Just a little mistake I've made in copying file ! Arg !