PDA

View Full Version : Exporting maps

The Hermit King
May 18th, 2024, 06:23
How does one export a map preferably into vtt. i watched a vid but it was three years old. at the bottom of the map i do see the export button, but only allows for jpg, png and webp. i need to export it with all the LOS and f/x intact

Laerun
May 18th, 2024, 06:29
How does one export a map preferably into vtt. i watched a vid but it was three years old. at the bottom of the map i do see the export button, but only allows for jpg, png and webp. i need to export it with all the LOS and f/x intact

You cannot achieve this from Fantasy Grounds. However you can export the LoS XML separately, but it will only work in another Fantasy Grounds session, not in the standard VTT format. One can import but not export everything intact.

The Hermit King
May 18th, 2024, 08:02
well its going to another FG user. i exported it via the export but it did not seem to send the f/x layer so i was thinking of saving it another way. i just thought vtt might work

Jiminimonka
May 18th, 2024, 14:52
You can export the images as a module and send that to the FG user.

Zacchaeus
May 18th, 2024, 16:10

When you export the map it will export the line of sight and the lighting with it. If you look in the folder that you exported the image to you'll see an xml file with the same name as the image - that file contains the LoS and lighting data. You'll need that file and the image in the same folder to import the image into another campaign. FX won't get exported since only the image gets created and it doesn't export any layers.

LordEntrails
May 18th, 2024, 16:44
As Jimmy says, you can export it to an FG module and that will have the image and the LOS, FX, etc intact. See here: Using the Library and Activating Modules - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net) (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640899/Using+the+Library+and+Activating+Modules#Module-Export)
If you are looking to export an entire adventure module, see the link in my sig for best practices.