PDA

View Full Version : Share/unshare image controls disappear when image is maximized

Vass_Dts
May 9th, 2024, 11:43
When an image is maximized, sharing controls disappear. There is no share/unshare button, and the radial menu also lacks the option.

This is something I mentioned in a previous bug report post involving maximized images (the one where maximizing an image would not replace an image already maximized). The main bug on that post was fixed, but it leaves out the this issue.

I was compelled to make a separate post because last night I saw some people posting on Discord, and the tl;dr is that they wasted about an hour trying to figure out why their DM could not share the map. It was because he had maximized the image and the controls were no longer there.

LordEntrails
May 9th, 2024, 15:21
Technically it's not a bug because its working as intended. Moon has talked about it in the past, but I don't remember the details. But I agree that there should be a way to share it. I don't know why the button can't be added to the existing row of icons. It's there is window mode but is removed in the other two.
I would add it to the Feature Request list; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featurerequests/featurerequests.php

Vass_Dts
May 9th, 2024, 19:01
Technically it's not a bug because its working as intended. Moon has talked about it in the past, but I don't remember the details. But I agree that there should be a way to share it. I don't know why the button can't be added to the existing row of icons. It's there is window mode but is removed in the other two.
I would add it to the Feature Request list; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featurerequests/featurerequests.php

The lock/unlock button was originally just on the window header in images (next to sizing, sharing, and close image buttons), but another one was made for the image toolbar during early release of 4.5.0 for similar reasons. A full feature request looks like an overkill; it's a UI tweak because something that we were used to having in the UI, suddenly is not there anymore (need I remind you, a share button was part of the radial menu when an image was maximized prior to 4.5.0). So, it's not so much asking for something new, but at least for something that used to be there. Okay, the toolbar button might technically be considered new. But what about the radial menu? An extra step was added in the process of sharing a maximized image.

Zacchaeus
May 9th, 2024, 21:37
I'm not sure the share button ever appeared on a maximised map. But I never use that so I could be mistaken; I'm only going by the fact that I seem to have answered the question as long as it's been possible to maximise the map.

LordEntrails
May 9th, 2024, 22:24
I don't remember an ability to share maximized images before 4.5.

But regardless, if it's on the Feature List, Doug will review it and the Dev team will track it. If its just a discussion thread on the forums, they will probably read it and note it, but maybe they won't. The devs has asked us repeatedly to put things like this on the list. They even recently built the Feature Request list when the Idea Informer went down a few months ago.