PDA

View Full Version : Complication that is a kinda bug

andrewcr
May 8th, 2024, 12:06
Hi,

If you search for the web asset for placing down a token the search item includes all images that are webp.

Might need a revision of the search function.

Unintended bug.

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2024, 18:59
Could you be more specific on exact steps to see the issue you mention?
The search is based on words matching the asset file name.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
May 8th, 2024, 19:18
Don't include webp in your search terms.

Zacchaeus
May 8th, 2024, 19:49
Could you be more specific on exact steps to see the issue you mention?
The search is based on words matching the asset file name.

Regards,
JPG

I can replicate this. Open Assets > Images and type web into the search (there are assets which are called web - like a spider's web so it's a reasonable search term). As the OP says the term 'web' will find all instances of .webp files .

LordEntrails
May 8th, 2024, 20:16
Oh, now I understand.
If you look at the file names, all files that are of type .webp include webp in the name, whereas .jpg and .png extension are not part of the asset name. I assume that there is code to strip those extensions from the asset name and the search, but not for webp and webm

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2024, 21:56
Ah, I didn't realize it was specific to the term "web". I'll have to review that with Doug.

Regards,
JPG

andrewcr
May 9th, 2024, 12:40
Yes I was looking for an icon to drop down for my players who cast the 5e web spell. When I searched for Web I got it all.

Not really a bug - just an unintended surprise.

Congratulations on 20 years. I have been loving it for at least 8.

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2024, 18:21
Just pushed v4.5.8 that only matches file extensions if the search term is exact match (vs. previous partial match).

Regards,
JPG

andrewcr
June 5th, 2024, 09:44
Thank you Mr Moon Wizard.

A clever solution - I do hope it didn't take too much brainpower and effort to resolve.