PDA

View Full Version : 4E One-Shot Fan Playtest (Mar 22)

Xorn
March 19th, 2008, 16:21
I will be running a game this Saturday with my regular group on Mar 22 from 10 AM to 4 PM (that's the longest we'll play, it might be shorter) CDT. (GMT-5) This will be the first time with a different adventure than the one I've been running.

I have started a poll with the players to see who all will be there, any open spots will be offered up here. I expect 1-2 slots will be open, so stay tuned.

scytale2 & Hamish have first priority on the slots, so if you can make that game time, speak up now. :)

scytale2
March 19th, 2008, 18:06
I will be running a game this Saturday with my regular group on Mar 22 from 10 AM to 4 PM (that's the longest we'll play, it might be shorter) CDT. (GMT-5) This will be the first time with a different adventure than the one I've been running.

scytale2 & Hamish have first priority on the slots, so if you can make that game time, speak up now. :)

3.00pm GMT on Saturday seems pretty good for me, so please put me down for it. If you could PM details that would be great!

Hamish
March 19th, 2008, 18:14
Weekends are not good for me, so thanks but I have to pass. :cry:

mr_h
March 20th, 2008, 01:09
Ack, no go on Saturday...if you do one on Sunday though...(Hey, I aint doing nuttttin that day :) ).

Xorn
March 20th, 2008, 02:22
As of right now, I've got at least one player who said he's pretty sure he can't make it. I'll find out for sure tomorrow morning and send details if he can't, scytale2.

Mr_h, I can probably put together a Sunday game if I have enough interest, but not this weekend. Still working off the fiance-aggro for the last "Two Game Weekend" I had.

mr_h
March 20th, 2008, 13:38
Mr_h, I can probably put together a Sunday game if I have enough interest, but not this weekend. Still working off the fiance-aggro for the last "Two Game Weekend" I had.

I understand that, the only reason I Can do this Sunday is cause the wife is working the whole day ;)

Seriul
March 21st, 2008, 02:01
I'm sorry Scytale, Xorn is so slow. We have 1 confirmed that can't make it but he'll have to give you the details. He could have told you this all of 30 minutes ago but he'll have some weak excuse like I was working.

scytale2
March 21st, 2008, 10:04
I'm not really very clear on what is happening, but will keep Saturday open for this "taster". Let me know if it has been cancelled or I am not needed.

Xorn
March 21st, 2008, 13:49
I'm not really very clear on what is happening, but will keep Saturday open for this "taster". Let me know if it has been cancelled or I am not needed.

:)

Seriul is being a bit sarcastic. :) We found out last night that one of our regular players confirmed they would not be there (I knew at least one would miss) and I was just waiting for that before sending you the info. I've sent it off to you (both vent and FG info) and look forward to seeing you there! I've got the campaign .dat file uploaded to my webspace too, so you'll be able to download the ruleset very quickly. :)

Xorn
March 21st, 2008, 18:52
There is one spot open for sure, there may be a second, but it's up in the air. If any of the previous crew are free tomorrow at 10 AM (3 PM GMT) you can hop in and see what we've got, or even just observe if you like.

Habbalah
March 21st, 2008, 20:20
I'd like to join in and/or watch. I've been curious about how the new rules work.

Xorn
March 22nd, 2008, 14:15
Scytale2, if you see this message, hop on Vent, I've uploaded the ruleset to my web space, which will download WAY faster. :)

Wraith
March 24th, 2008, 03:59
I saw your message on the other thread Xorn so I was wondering when the next session is? I would be interested in seeing what all the hub bub is about.

mr_h
March 24th, 2008, 14:03
I saw your message on the other thread Xorn so I was wondering when the next session is?

I know I've posted before, but what he said. I'm still eager to try this out:)

Habbalah
March 24th, 2008, 16:43
I was in on the Mar 22 playtest and I can say that it was fun. I'd like to go again with another character, so please contact me when you think you'll do it again.

A few comments on 4e. I played a dwarf fighter and it was actually fun and challenging and requires thought beyond "I swing my warhammer at the guy in front of me." As a fighter, I was responsible for holding the front line and controlling the battlefield. I had the ability to not only deal a lot of damage, but to move the opponents into a position that's better for the other heroes. In one case, I was able to push an archer away from cover so that the ranger could deliver the killing shot. The other classes looked interesting as well. The wizard and warlock both do a lot of damage, but in their own ways. The cleric and paladins both help out their teammates but get to do other things than just stand behind the fighter and heal.

Xorn
March 24th, 2008, 19:38
Heh, well this Saturday my brother is running SWSE, so a weekend game is out. However, I'd consider doing another weekday game, got a third adventure I'm wanting to fire up, actually. I'll start a new thread; I need 4-6 players that can meet up, can get on Vent, and are ready to have some fun.

I know Seriul will fill in empty spaces for sure, too. Okay starting a new thread. :)