PDA

View Full Version : Demo games

oldps9
March 18th, 2008, 20:32
Maybe this is presently being done but I don't see it on the game calendar. Would the owners/writers of this software consider running a regular demo game. It might be a great way to give people who might want to buy the software a chance to try it before they buy it. It might become even more important in the coming months when another gaming company releases it's monthly leased software VTT. With the regular demo version FGII could capitalize on the players who got a taste of VTT, through the other companies full demo, but don't want to pay a monthly fee. More purchases equals more money for the developers, more players equals more games which equals more fun for all. Just a thought.

Xorn
March 19th, 2008, 02:30
I'm sure Joshuha will confirm this soon, but I believe he just stated in another thread that the FG2 demo should be hitting the scene soon. Once that happens I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the occasional pickup demo game, just to get more business over to FG2, the greatest tabletop software around.

DarkStar
March 19th, 2008, 14:09
I would be happy to run occassional demos as well once FG2 demo comes out. I wish we could use our own rulesets and/or modules with the demo. :rolleyes:

Griogre
March 19th, 2008, 19:23
I also have run demos in the past and don't mind doing it when I have the time. Smiteworks is only a few people working part time so I don't think they have a great deal time to allocate to demos, but it would be nice to have then schedule a demo once a month or so.