PDA

View Full Version : Map Tools Weirdness!

Laerun
April 23rd, 2024, 20:24
Fairly new campaign.
Windows 11
FG 4.5.6
DnD5e Ruleset
Assets from: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1346/view
Extensions: Minimal, Official Leather Theme and a Font Extension from the Forge.
Problem, when drawing occluder-lines vertices or points do not form or create intersections upon collision when drawing a line in the FG map tools, even if on the same layer>?

New campaign first map, tried to start over, no change.

Zacchaeus
April 23rd, 2024, 20:29
Where's the map coming from? There's nothing in the images folder and the one listed in images is blank.

And I'm also not seeing anything problematic about the intersections. I always use the mouse and click and double click to finish. Maybe you use a different method?

Laerun
April 23rd, 2024, 20:31
The Map are from the asset map pack listed from the Forge. I was trying to add los.
"Cursed Tomb"

pindercarl
April 23rd, 2024, 20:50
The Map are from the asset map pack listed from the Forge. I was trying to add los.
"Cursed Tomb"

Is the issue only with this module? Or can you reproduce in a new, empty campaign?

Zacchaeus
April 23rd, 2024, 20:57
I don't have the module that Laerun is working on and I can't reproduce in anything else. Just had a screenshare with Laerun and it would seem to be the particular module that is the issue. We don't know what format the maps are or what their size is etc.

pindercarl
April 23rd, 2024, 21:07
I don't have the module that Laerun is working on and I can't reproduce in anything else. Just had a screenshare with Laerun and it would seem to be the particular module that is the issue. We don't know what format the maps are or what their size is etc.

Thanks. I'll see if I can get a copy of the module.

pindercarl
April 23rd, 2024, 21:40
Fairly new campaign.
Windows 11
FG 4.5.6
DnD5e Ruleset
Assets from: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1346/view
Extensions: Minimal, Official Leather Theme and a Font Extension from the Forge.
Problem, when drawing occluder-lines vertices or points do not form or create intersections upon collision when drawing a line in the FG map tools, even if on the same layer>?

New campaign first map, tried to start over, no change.

I'm not sure why the occluders are not updating for you. When I open the map, it is in the state that you show in your screenshot. However, if I add any new occluders the splits occur as expected. In fact, if I open the image and just double-click on an occluder point to select the whole occluder, this triggers the split routine and everything is as it should be. See if the attached copy of the campaign works for you.

Laerun
April 23rd, 2024, 21:43
I'm not sure why the occluders are not updating for you. When I open the map, it is in the state that you show in your screenshot. However, if I add any new occluders the splits occur as expected. In fact, if I open the image and just double-click on an occluder point to select the whole occluder, this triggers the split routine and everything is as it should be. See if the attached copy of the campaign works for you.

It is either the maps or perhaps my video card drivers?

pindercarl
April 23rd, 2024, 21:52
It is either the maps or perhaps my video card drivers?

It shouldn't be either. That map worked for me as described above. Did the campaign I provided work?

Laerun
April 23rd, 2024, 22:16
It shouldn't be either. That map worked for me as described above. Did the campaign I provided work?

Confirmed, it is good now. I loaded your campaign and it is 'fixed'?