PDA

View Full Version : NPC Creation

Kaitlin
April 10th, 2024, 02:17
Hello I am new to the FG Classic interface (so far I have been working in the 5E interface) And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to edit the NPC state Blocks, the THACO and other things... I am finding the Classic interface to be a little different.

Moon Wizard
April 10th, 2024, 03:34
Are you talking about FG Classic vs. FG Unity? Or are you talking about running a 5E D&D vs. 2E D&D session? Assuming the latter, but wanted to be sure.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
April 10th, 2024, 06:27
Most fields can only be edited once the NPC record is unlocked. To unlock the NPC record click the padlock button at the top of the NPC window. If you can't unlock the NPC record, then the record is read-only and can't be changed (which may be your main issue) but you can make a copy of the record by drag/dropping the record link within the NPC data list and then edit the copy.

Once unlocked, click on the field you wish to change and type the new number. You can also hold down the CTRL key while hovering over a number field and use the mouse-wheel to adjust the number. Some fields can be changed this way without unlocking the NPC - but it needs to be a record that isn't read-only.

Kaitlin
April 10th, 2024, 12:09
Are you talking about FG Classic vs. FG Unity? Or are you talking about running a 5E D&D vs. 2E D&D session? Assuming the latter, but wanted to be sure.

Regards,
JPG

I’m using unity and the characters are unlocked. I will try the mouse wheel trick. Is there another method?

CTRL worked... its so different from 5E FG..

celestian
April 16th, 2024, 22:16
Hello I am new to the FG Classic interface (so far I have been working in the 5E interface) And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to edit the NPC state Blocks, the THACO and other things... I am finding the Classic interface to be a little different.

It should just be a matter of clicking on the field and typing in a value on the NPC sheet.

https://i.imgur.com/N7Q1fJz.gif