PDA

View Full Version : Why have webm assets suddenly lost their color and change based on zoom level?

SilentRuin
April 9th, 2024, 16:23
Previously if you placed a webm asset regardless of zoom you could read text in the moving bright colors they were displayed in.

Now its like some kind of dark filter has been dropped on them and unless you zoom to fill the screen you can't even see what the original webm asset was (true color) etc.

This breaks a number of visibility tools using webm assets as unless your right on top of them you can't make out what they even are trying to tell you.

LordEntrails
April 9th, 2024, 16:32
It's probably a bug. But I cannot reproduce it in an existing 5E campaign of mine. But you didn't provide steps so I'm not sure I'm doing what you are doing. You made sure it happens without any of your extensions? Can you show us and tell us the steps?

SilentRuin
April 9th, 2024, 16:34
What places it out there is an extension using an API of FGU's to place it. I'll try to do it manually and see if same thing happens.

SilentRuin
April 9th, 2024, 17:01
I can only duplicate it with the API Image.addLayerPaintStamp placement. Doing it through a stamp it does not happen.

Zoomed out

Zoomed in

This is rotating moon webm in my assets. This USED to work but now its unseeable unless I'm right on top of it.

Not to mention I have rotating text which is even worse as it should be seen from distance.

This is basically every asset placed by this API now.

SilentRuin
April 9th, 2024, 17:03
Obviously this breaks a number of visualization things. I REALLY don't understand how these things magically change on me with no warning and how someone can imagine such a feature forcing a zoom in to right on top of it would ever be useful with this API.

LordEntrails
April 9th, 2024, 18:21
I'm definitely not using the API ;)

SilentRuin
April 9th, 2024, 18:55
I'm definitely not using the API ;)

Lucky you - the other bug from last July I'm still waiting on some fix. At least I have a workaround for that one (scaling bad - just insure it was placed again or at least once during session). But this one? This one is pretty much nothing I can do unless they secretly changed arguments or meaning of them with some sort of "zoom level visibility" or something.

pindercarl
April 9th, 2024, 19:41
Lucky you - the other bug from last July I'm still waiting on some fix. At least I have a workaround for that one (scaling bad - just insure it was placed again or at least once during session). But this one? This one is pretty much nothing I can do unless they secretly changed arguments or meaning of them with some sort of "zoom level visibility" or something.

There haven't been any changes to either the API or the paint stamp rendering. Can you provide a copy of the extension and assets? Thanks.

SilentRuin
April 9th, 2024, 20:52
There haven't been any changes to either the API or the paint stamp rendering. Can you provide a copy of the extension and assets? Thanks.

Sent you discord direct message with drop box link to full test campaign - but as I say in note short of doing a full show and tell I have no idea how I could show you how it was placed by API. I sent the API call that I use copied from code - and the map in that campaign has the examples I showed above so maybe you can make something from that. I feel absolutely sure if you use that API yourself in whatever you test it with you will see the same results for a webm asset placed in a map.

pindercarl
April 10th, 2024, 15:01
Sent you discord direct message with drop box link to full test campaign - but as I say in note short of doing a full show and tell I have no idea how I could show you how it was placed by API. I sent the API call that I use copied from code - and the map in that campaign has the examples I showed above so maybe you can make something from that. I feel absolutely sure if you use that API yourself in whatever you test it with you will see the same results for a webm asset placed in a map.

This is reproducible in the campaign you provided using the UI stamp tools and is not related to the API. Webm objects use a specialized shader and the shader for webm paint stamps was not properly updated to reflect changes in the lighting pipeline. The shader has been fixed and should be available when the next Release update is pushed.

Vass_Dts
April 10th, 2024, 18:31
This was a bug I too encountered many times since the latest major update but was not consistent enough to nail down what was causing (and I didn’t get around testing to find the circumstances that caused). Now I realize it’s presence of light. :)

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2024, 21:12
The fix @pindercarl provided for the lighting issue is now available in FG v.4.5.6.

Regards,
JPG

SilentRuin
April 16th, 2024, 22:05
The fix @pindercarl provided for the lighting issue is now available in FG v.4.5.6.

Regards,
JPG

Verified works.