PDA

View Full Version : Change the width of the console window

peterb
April 8th, 2024, 10:57
The console widow seems to always take up a certain percentage of the FGU application window width. So if I drag the FGU application window across two screens the width of the console screen increases, always covering almost 40% of the window width. Such a wide console window isn't really needed when you use two screens. Is there anyway you can change the consoles screen width?

Moon Wizard
April 8th, 2024, 16:56
It covers the upper quadrant of the application by default. There is no way to change the size.

JPG

LordEntrails
April 8th, 2024, 16:58
You should be able to just open the log in something like Notepad++ and then refresh the file as needed. Then you wouldn't need the console open. Not ideal, but a work around that would let you size it as desired.

peterb
April 9th, 2024, 14:11
You should be able to just open the log in something like Notepad++ and then refresh the file as needed. Then you wouldn't need the console open. Not ideal, but a work around that would let you size it as desired.

OK. Thanks for the tip. I see that Notepad++ has a tail -f feature, that looks promising.

Note: I can confirm that using Notepad++'s tail -f feature makes Notepad++ work like the console window inside FGU. The tail -f feature is the last item on the "View" menu.