PDA

View Full Version : Strange behavior "Darkness Spel"-Lightl with ambient lighting

Aineles
April 7th, 2024, 13:55
Hello,

just found a Stange interaction with the Darkness spells and Ambient Lighting.
The first Image is with Ambient lighting on the second is with ambiend lightning turned off.
Character has normal Darkvision Ruleset is Pathfinder 2e Legacy.

It just seems like the player can see inside the enemies inside the Darkness spell when ambient light is turned on.
This is all GM preview.
Edite: Just tried it with an 2nd instance of FG as a player i can see the enemie within the Darkness spell the same way as in the GM preview and i also can see "behind" the Darkness spell

pindercarl
April 7th, 2024, 18:33
Hello,

just found a Stange interaction with the Darkness spells and Ambient Lighting.
The first Image is with Ambient lighting on the second is with ambiend lightning turned off.
Character has normal Darkvision Ruleset is Pathfinder 2e Legacy.

It just seems like the player can see inside the enemies inside the Darkness spell when ambient light is turned on. In the
This is all GM preview.
Edite: Just tried it with an 2nd instance of FG as a player i can see the enemie within the Darkness spell the same way as in the GM preview and i also can see "behind" the Darkness spell

As the GM, you need to select a token to view which tokens are visible. In your screenshot with ambient lighting, the token is not selected.

Aineles
April 7th, 2024, 18:50
Like i mentioned i even tried it with an player instance.
I was able to see the enemie inside the Darkness sphere as an player.

When ambiente light is off i see the darkness sphere similar to a wall. (cant see enemies inside)

With ambiente light on its just the sphere and i can see enemies inside. It just looks like a black spot on the map.

pindercarl
April 7th, 2024, 18:52
Like i mentioned i even tried it with an player instance.
I was able to see the enemie inside the Darkness sphere as an player.

When ambiente light is off i see the darkness sphere similar to a wall. (cant see enemies inside)

With ambiente light on its just the sphere and i can see enemies inside. It just looks like a black spot on the map.

I was unable to reproduce locally. Does the error still occur if the viewing token does not have darkvision?

Aineles
April 7th, 2024, 19:04
Ok just found the error....
I was enabling lighting without line of site...
Sry my bad
Thx for the help :)