PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Placing PCs on maps

sinergy
April 3rd, 2024, 06:18
So I'm super new to trying to run a campaign for our forever GM and give him the chance to play... He showed me a bunch of things on how to make the campaign work. I ran into a problem he had never seen.

I can place Monsters on the map from the combat tracker just fine but when I drag a player to the map it either freezes or disappears. I tried different images different players and even tried to create a new campaign with only SRD loaded and the problem persists.

For context I'm running a 5e D&D campaign with only the FG Dungeon theme extension.

Thank you for your time I hope its a simple solution and I just couldn't find the answer searching the forums because i didn't know the right keywords

~Sinergy

Moon Wizard
April 3rd, 2024, 06:31
Hmm, not seeing this on my local campaigns. Can you zip up your campaign folder? (You can either post here; share via OneDrive/GoogleDrive/DropBox (make sure to share with anyone with link); or via a support ticket through Help menu above.)

Regards,
JPG

Laerun
April 3rd, 2024, 07:32
So I'm super new to trying to run a campaign for our forever GM and give him the chance to play... He showed me a bunch of things on how to make the campaign work. I ran into a problem he had never seen.

I can place Monsters on the map from the combat tracker just fine but when I drag a player to the map it either freezes or disappears. I tried different images different players and even tried to create a new campaign with only SRD loaded and the problem persists.

For context I'm running a 5e D&D campaign with only the FG Dungeon theme extension.

Thank you for your time I hope its a simple solution and I just couldn't find the answer searching the forums because i didn't know the right keywords

~Sinergy

Are you dragging from the combat tracker or the character records section? Do your characters have tokens or portraits or are they blank? Are you trying to drag a token or the entire character sheet? Freezing can be indicative of a potential data block or something similar. Have you tested for any other connection issues or such? Sometimes a firewall or anti virus can create the conditions for the FG VTT platform to behave this way.

sinergy
April 3rd, 2024, 16:07
Are you dragging from the combat tracker or the character records section? Do your characters have tokens or portraits or are they blank? Are you trying to drag a token or the entire character sheet? Freezing can be indicative of a potential data block or something similar. Have you tested for any other connection issues or such? Sometimes a firewall or anti virus can create the conditions for the FG VTT platform to behave this way.

Thank you so much it was the fact that it didnt have a Token. Ok back to creating a world you rock

merkvah
April 3rd, 2024, 17:42
Laerun is a good dude. =) He taught me everything I know about FG... I gave that same class to Sinergy a few nights ago. =)

Thank you, @Laerun!!

Laerun
April 4th, 2024, 09:20
Laerun is a good dude. =) He taught me everything I know about FG... I gave that same class to Sinergy a few nights ago. =)

Thank you, @Laerun!!

Have fun guys!