PDA

View Full Version : Tabletop Newbie Looking for a Game

nakirush
March 14th, 2008, 23:40
Hey folks,

I've been roleplaying since I was about eight years old. I've had an interest in tabletop gaming for just as long, but I live in the middle of nowhere and am unable to get a group together for some gaming. I recently bought Fantasy Grounds and would like to find a newbie tolerant group.

I'm only familiar with the Star Wars: Saga Edition ruleset, but I'm willing to learn a different one. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to campaign settings, but I like stories and some actual roleplay to go along with the dungeon crawling and combat.

Right now I'm available most nights. I'm Eastern time, but can stay up pretty late to play with other time zones.

If you have or know of a group I can hook up with, please let me know.

Thanks,

James

Stuart
March 15th, 2008, 07:29
James, if you can play a GMT time-based game, there are openings on Thursday (I think) and Friday (definitely) ... PM me; both games start at 7/8 PM GMT ... that's about 3/4 PM your time.

Waldo Pepper
March 15th, 2008, 09:22
I'm part of a indie RPG group that plays on Sundays a few times per month - we usually start at 3pm your time. If you're interested, drop me a PM and I'll send you more details.

Wraith
March 21st, 2008, 17:58
Hey I run an open table game that is great for newbies. It gets you in and learning the rules, but at the same time you run the story. I have a character that right now has just killed the ogre that had killed his cousin. Now the the adventures have to figure out how to get past the shield guardian that the kobolds built so they can take out the little buggers. If this is the kind of Role Playing you would like to be a part of come to the calender the link is below.

guiguiBob
March 21st, 2008, 19:51
Wraith's game has been really fun and as a newbie I can testify that he's been of great help understanding the rules for me.

Peezy
March 24th, 2008, 01:18
Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I'm thinking about buying the lite version of FGII and am pretty new to tabletop games in general. I will be checking out different groups but I was wondering if anyone is planning on playing at all tonight?

Valarian
March 24th, 2008, 15:45
iCon08, a virtual tabletop convention, is now on. There are several games being run over the week and in to next weekend. Check out the schedule at https://www.iconvention.org