PDA

View Full Version : Triggering Syrinscape sounds based on the character

cwsoots
April 1st, 2024, 19:39
I haven't been able to find out if it's possible to map a Syrinscape sound to a specific character's events. For example, I have one player that has requested a custom sound set for certain actions. I am a Super Syrinscape subscriber, and I have uploaded the custom sounds and created Sound Sets for them in FGU. However, even with custom pattern matching, FGU seems to ignore the player line above and only matches the action/roll/cast line below. See the screenshot below.

Looking at this screenshot, how would I set up a sound set to trigger for this character AND this event? I can only get it to play the sound based on the "[SKILL] Sleight Of Hand [PROF]", and not the player "Roscoe Alderleaf:". That means that the sound plays for all players who perform the same action, instead of just the one player that requested the custom sounds.

Zacchaeus
April 1st, 2024, 20:26
The sounds play off whatever the character says or does rather than on the character's name. If you set a sound to trigger on chat then if the character types their name into chat a sound will play; but the character's name isn't what triggers it - so if they say anything else other than their name it won't trigger. The triggers are set up to listen to what action is happening in chat; whether saying something or making an attack roll, or casting a spell etc. It's not looking at who is doing the speaking, attacking, or casting.

cwsoots
April 1st, 2024, 21:18
Does that mean that it's not possible to associate a specific sound with a specific character?

Zacchaeus
April 1st, 2024, 21:34
Does that mean that it's not possible to associate a specific sound with a specific character?

Indeed, it does.

Trenloe
April 1st, 2024, 21:35
Correct.

wndrngdru
April 1st, 2024, 23:26
There's a relatively simple way around this, though it takes some work. You just need to create uniquely named actions, weapons, spells, etc.

cwsoots
April 1st, 2024, 23:54
There's a relatively simple way around this, though it takes some work. You just need to create uniquely named actions, weapons, spells, etc.

Thank you for the suggestion! That's something I can work with.