PDA

View Full Version : 4th Edition D&D Ruleset

Malovech
March 13th, 2008, 23:00
Is anyone actively trying to build one of these right now? I know Xorn is running his campaign, but I was just wondering if anyone is in the begining stages of building this out, based on the leaked information so far.

Thore_Ironrock
March 14th, 2008, 01:37
Is anyone actively trying to build one of these right now? I know Xorn is running his campaign, but I was just wondering if anyone is in the begining stages of building this out, based on the leaked information so far.

FYI ... As of this moment Digital Adventures will not be doing a 4E ruleset. The new OGL for 4E, from what I understand, prevents it. If this changes on our end I'll be sure to let the community know. If people do decide to do it, WOTC would likely hammer them *if* it were put up for public download, so if someone does do one it will likely be for personal use.

joshuha
March 14th, 2008, 16:14
Just wanted to point out that I think Kevin here is referring to an SRD type document like his company has done well for D20. A character sheet only ruleset most likely will be possible but I believe Smiteworks is waiting for more information.

Thore_Ironrock
March 14th, 2008, 23:21
That is correct. Thanks for the clarification sir. :)

Xorn
March 21st, 2008, 14:10
I'm going to be involved with a character sheet ruleset, for sure, but I'm waiting until there is a clearer picture of what needs to be on it first.

Phasics
March 27th, 2008, 12:13
What about monsters and powers ?

placeholders and encounter/daily counters without power information ? so that people with physical rulebooks could enter the info for their games ?

How will it work for people making FG campaigns with monsters ? can they include the monster stats or just the fluff ?

festivus
April 9th, 2008, 17:47
What about monsters and powers ?

placeholders and encounter/daily counters without power information ? so that people with physical rulebooks could enter the info for their games ?

How will it work for people making FG campaigns with monsters ? can they include the monster stats or just the fluff ?

I have just been using the Notes tab on the monsters to enter their stuff. I put the defenses into the saves fields (except AC of course), and HP in the HP line.

I'd like custom forms for player characters and monsters... should be easy enough to do. I don't need all the data filled in for them, I can handle that myself.

Perhaps it's time I looked into how to customize FG2.

Moon Wizard
April 10th, 2008, 18:35
I've started dabbling a bit with making a 4th edition ruleset based on the public character sheets and information available. Of course, there would be no data, but it's still a start.

So far, I've only updated a couple pages of the character sheet, as I work through how the system will run from the snippets I find.

Cheers,
JPG