PDA

View Full Version : Where'd my campaign go?

applejuicefool
March 13th, 2008, 06:28
Ok, I dunno if this has come up before - I did try to search the forum, but that's a lot of posts to go through and I didn't find anything with the search engine.

I have been laboriously copying a preprinted adventure into FGII. Everything has been going swimmingly until tonight. Tonight I was fooling around with the character generator function so that I could create a character to try to figure out how the Combat Tracker works. So I created a character and added a homemade portrait to it. Then I exited out of the program so that I could load up my campaign (Host Campaign as Gamemaster) and fool around with my new character in the Combat Tracker.

Here's the problem: When I restarted the program, my campaign was gone! The "Load campaign" drop down menu was grayed out.

I have checked the Application Data Folder and in the Campaign folder, the folder for my campaign is still there, as is "A Tale of Dinor" and a little test campaign I made to play around in. However, NONE of these are available to load when I start up FG!

Any ideas what could be wrong?

-AJF

Foen
March 13th, 2008, 07:31
Stupid question (so feel free to kick me) but above the campaign drop-down box is the "Load Campaign" button pressed down? If it isn't you can't select a campaign.

I said it was a silly question.

Stuart

applejuicefool
March 13th, 2008, 07:46
Stupid question (so feel free to kick me) but above the campaign drop-down box is the "Load Campaign" button pressed down? If it isn't you can't select a campaign.

I said it was a silly question.

Stuart

Now that you mention it, that might actually have been my problem. I ended up solving it a slightly different way, after about 3 hours of heartache and staying up til nearly 2 a.m. on a school night (I'm a teacher). I simply clicked "change" and retyped my User Name (exactly as it already showed on the screen), and it fixed me right up. This might also have caused the "Load Campaign" button to be pressed as well, I dunno.

In fact, prior to your reply, I hadn't noticed that "Load Campaign" and "Create New Campaign" were actually buttons. I thought they were just the headings for those little sections of the window.

At any rate, I'm fixed up now. Sorry for the panic.

-AJF

Foen
March 13th, 2008, 08:22
NP, so long as you're sorted.

Stuart
March 13th, 2008, 10:49
nearly 2 a.m. on a school night (I'm a teacher).

What ! FG has a higher priority than marking ! <cough, splutter> :D
I like to think that the hours I spend on FG related stuff demonstrates to my own students an ability to balance academic/extracurricular activities ... well, that's what I like to think.:o

applejuicefool
March 13th, 2008, 22:50
What ! FG has a higher priority than marking ! <cough, splutter> :D
I like to think that the hours I spend on FG related stuff demonstrates to my own students an ability to balance academic/extracurricular activities ... well, that's what I like to think.:o

Hey...that's not a bad theory...:p