PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions

UntoldGlory
March 12th, 2008, 11:29
Hi all, new here. Thanks in advance.

My group is very interested in this program, but we're unable to figure a couple of key things out. We're only messng with the demo right now, so I'm not sure if our issues are caused by that, or by being idiots. *shrug*. Knowledge/advice/helpful scorn would be appreciated.

1) We've got the token bags and whatnot, but we can't figure out how to use the character portraits as tokens. I see it in screenshots, so it's got to be something we're just missing. This includes "monster" portraits.

2) Screenshots appear to show tokens that "snap to grid" with green or red highlights filling the square they occupy. Can't figure that one out.

3) Macros. How do you edit them? For things like "2d4 + 6" in a quickslot. Dragging somone's attack down from their character sheet just makes it chat "1d6 + 1" instead of actually rolling it.

Thanks all!

Oberoten
March 12th, 2008, 12:01
Hi all, new here. Thanks in advance.

My group is very interested in this program, but we're unable to figure a couple of key things out. We're only messng with the demo right now, so I'm not sure if our issues are caused by that, or by being idiots. *shrug*. Knowledge/advice/helpful scorn would be appreciated.

1) We've got the token bags and whatnot, but we can't figure out how to use the character portraits as tokens. I see it in screenshots, so it's got to be something we're just missing. This includes "monster" portraits.

2) Screenshots appear to show tokens that "snap to grid" with green or red highlights filling the square they occupy. Can't figure that one out.

3) Macros. How do you edit them? For things like "2d4 + 6" in a quickslot. Dragging somone's attack down from their character sheet just makes it chat "1d6 + 1" instead of actually rolling it.

Thanks all!

This is done with the combat tracker. Just drag the portrait to the tracker-entry and then from the tracker to the map.

2, 3
Demo version is based on the previous version of FG which hasn't got those features.

Griogre
March 12th, 2008, 20:49
1) Actually the Character tokens on the map from character portraits is a FG2 improvement also. There are no tokens on the combat tracker in FG1 which is what the demo is based on. If FG2 you may make tokens from the portraits in the top left by dragging them onto the map.

2) The combat tracker received a huge upgrade in FG2. The green, red and yellow backing colors are one of the new features. Like wise the map did get a upgrade that allows tokens to be "snapped" inside squares or on square intersections.

3) As Oberoton said dragging dice from weapons into the chat window and making them roll is a new FG2 feature. However, most other macro's or keyboard shortcut's - hotkeys still work identically. To make a hotkey to roll 2d4+6 in the bottom of the chat window type /die 2d4+6 Name of Roll and then drag and drop it on a hot key. You can also drag the text off the hotkey to the bottom of the chat window where you enter text and drop it and then edit it and drop it back onto the hotkey. In both versions of FG you can drag modifiers from skills like spot and listen into the modifier box or onto a hot key. Once you have the skill modifier in the modifier box if you pick up a d20 and throw it inside the chat window the die will roll pick up what ever was in the modifier box and annotate the roll. If you put the modifier in a hotkey you can press the hot key to load the modifier box and then throw the dice.

The more you use FG the less you will normally open the character sheet and you will find that hotkeys and mini-sheets really speed things up.

Also the demo does not save anything, including characters and hotkeys. The real version does save the hotkeys. By the way, there are 96 hotkeys not just the initial 12.

UntoldGlory
March 12th, 2008, 22:36
Thanks a boatload guys! That helps alot.