PDA

View Full Version : NPCs are no longer editable (5e)

elbium
March 20th, 2024, 00:29
I am trying to edit a few NPCs for tonight and am not finding the option to unlock them to change anything. I know to make a copy first and am trying to edit the copy, but cannot figure it out.
Are NPCs no longer able to be changed? I am not just talking about health/AC but like adding spells, special attacks, etc.
I tried to add a screenshot but the forum wouldn't allow me due to a security token being missing lol...

Moon Wizard
March 20th, 2024, 00:34
There is a lock button at the top of the NPC window that can be toggled to determine whether a NPC record is locked. If the NPC is part of a sourcebook/rulebook, there will be a "static locked" icon instead to indicate the record is read only.

Regards,
JPG

elbium
March 20th, 2024, 00:39
Okay it looks like I was able to attach a screenshot, I cannot find the lock?
And yes I made sure that this is a copy and not from the source book

Moon Wizard
March 20th, 2024, 00:43
It looks like you have something overriding the core behaviors in either the 5E ruleset or the CoreRPG ruleset.

Can you please make sure that you do not have any unzipped rulesets in the FG data folder under the rulesets subfolder? If, so remove those folders, and restart FG.
Otherwise, make sure any extensions are disabled, and check again.
If still an issue, please go to the FG data folder, and delete rulesets\CoreRPG.pak and rulesets\5E.pak, then run a new Check for Updates on the FG launch screen.

Regards,
JPG

elbium
March 20th, 2024, 00:57
Thank you so much!!!
Like you said there was an unzipped ruleset, I have no idea how it got there but once removed I see my functionality has been restored!! It also updated the UI and it looks great!