PDA

View Full Version : Tokens Showing up on Client Machines?

Jingo
March 11th, 2008, 20:56
I noticed the other day that when I put host-only tokens on a map they show up in the token box on client machine even if the token in set to its invisible state. Is there a way to make the tokens not appear in their token boxes at all, or barring that, make it only appear once you turn it visible on the map?

Savvy players checking out their token box can easily get a clue as to what is contained on the map--even if it's hidden: "Gee check out your token boxes, the GM is planning on sending the demon lord of the 9th level Hell of Utter Darkness and Doom against us! Lets buff up!"

devinnight
March 12th, 2008, 00:32
yeah, it's a temporary thing, they are removed once you disconnect.. maybe throw in a couple extra wild tokens just to keep them guessing.

Maybe they can be placed in a an invisible folder on Client machines so that the players can't see or access them at any time. SW would have to make this work somehow.

-D

kalmarjan
March 12th, 2008, 01:19
Are the tokens placed in the host folder? If you place your tokens in the root fantasy grounds Tokens folder in the host directory, only the GM will be able to see them. If they are placed in the shared, then your players will see them. The same goes if you place them into your campaign folder as well.

Hope that helps out.

Sandeman

Griogre
March 12th, 2008, 05:14
No there is a bug where tokens on the map sometimes show up in the token box where players can see them. This occurs even if the tokens are from the host folder. The DM can see it too if he opens the token box. The token will be on the top level of the box. LOL, I have even had "helpful" players put the token on the map for me - nice guys that they are. ;)

Nothing like a having a group of "helpful" players like that! :)

I tend to use alot of generic tokens unless it is pretty clear to the group what a monster is so a lot of the time they just seem my generic tokens.

Dachannien
March 12th, 2008, 07:20
Yep, this one was reported here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6352).

Oberoten
March 12th, 2008, 10:27
To be honest in it's current form... what is the USE of having the tokenbox available for the players?

Xorn
March 12th, 2008, 14:01
To be honest in it's current form... what is the USE of having the tokenbox available for the players?

Actually since I use a player tracking window, my players can put their own letter tokens next to their characters.

joshuha
March 12th, 2008, 14:43
Things like allies and different poses for their PCs are also good reasons for players to have access to the token box.

Griogre
March 12th, 2008, 20:18
I keep summoned monsters, horses, riding dogs, ect in the shared. You can also put status tokens in there. The current problem is if you put something down on the map and it is not from shared the player's can't move it.