PDA

View Full Version : GM Map is fine/Clients Map messed up

houseofdexter
March 15th, 2024, 03:49
5E D&D No Extensions loaded.

GM Map is fine/Clients Map messed up. Note I(GM) deleted all the effects off the map.

Crown of the Oathbreaker. Royal Palace Second Level Ruined Players. Clients are unable to resize the map, unable to use WASD keys or Zoom In/Out.

Trenloe
March 15th, 2024, 04:06
Try unsharing and resharing the map when players are connected.

BaneTBC
March 15th, 2024, 04:47
Running without any extensions, this is a fairly large problem revolving around the map. As Houseofdexter said, the Host side is fine, but on the Client side, the players are not being able to interact with the map or are unable to see anything on the map (just black or blank). Not all visible tokens show up on the map, including the players character token that is on the map.

Basically, whatever Moon Wizard allowed pushed tonight has serious issues.

Now the player's can still interact with other things, target things on the CT, advance turns, et al, but basically anyone trying to use the map from the client side has an unusable experience right now.

Moon Wizard
March 15th, 2024, 04:51
I just rolled back the 3/14 update to the last version released on 3/12 that didn't have this report. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
JPG

Incab
March 15th, 2024, 04:51
Hit this one now as we are playing, myself on player side.
Sharing map didn't fix. We're having to delete mobs from map and combat tracker then put back in every round.

Looks like the map locks up when a mob targets a player. Removing the mob from map and tracker un-freezes the map. Putting it back on, map is ok, mob targets a player and map freezes.

BaneTBC
March 15th, 2024, 04:52
And Moon Wizard just pushed a rollback and has resolved the issues, so update again and you should be good.

Incab
March 15th, 2024, 04:59
Looking like, yeah. We did the update and so far so good.

houseofdexter
March 15th, 2024, 05:36
Ok...that fixed it.