PDA

View Full Version : Restore abilities tab

peterb
March 12th, 2024, 12:38
What would be needed to restore the abilities tab?

I understand that you need to add a row to the "CharSheet.Tabs" field in the "my_quest_script.lua" file. That should show the tab. The record type should already be present. If you want an icon in the menu do you need to modify scripts/data_library_brp.lua?

peterb
March 12th, 2024, 14:00
I discovered that you also need to edit campaign/record_char.xml, so it needs to be added to your extension and to extension.xml.

superteddy57
March 12th, 2024, 14:54
What would be needed to restore the abilities tab?

I understand that you need to add a row to the "CharSheet.Tabs" field in the "my_quest_script.lua" file. That should show the tab. The record type should already be present. If you want an icon in the menu do you need to modify scripts/data_library_brp.lua?

What abilities tab? I don't remember one. If it's missing after this update we can investigate in looking to have it back in. I'm just not aware of one on the character sheet.

peterb
March 12th, 2024, 16:06
What abilities tab? I don't remember one. If it's missing after this update we can investigate in looking to have it back in. I'm just not aware of one on the character sheet.

Sorry for the misunderstanding :) The ability tab from CoreRPG... I want to add "feats" to one of my BRP games...

peterb
March 12th, 2024, 16:25
Presently I have managed to add the tab, as well as a menu item. Only the menu item lacks text. I can create new abilities bit the icon in the menu lacks a tooltip and there's no text in the text box nor the pop-up window.

Trenloe
March 12th, 2024, 16:34
Discussed in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72513-Would-like-help-making-new-sidebar-tabs

superteddy57
March 12th, 2024, 17:11
Hey that's one of my walkthroughs lol

Trenloe
March 12th, 2024, 17:14
Hey that's one of my walkthroughs lol
:D I wondered if you'd notice!

peterb
March 18th, 2024, 08:51
Thanks everyone for your input on this issue. I managed to solve my problem. In the end I choose to modify an existing tab and add a new record type. But now I have a new button in the menu and I can drag new records from that menu to a character sheet. Thanks again for the help!