PDA

View Full Version : I'm really disappointed, the last update breaks everything

Alec McCast
March 11th, 2024, 23:23
Hello Devs,

I don't understand why the last update touch the interface of the 4trh Edition, give us back the interface of the monsters, the new one is unreadable ! Give us back the possibility to add the encounter we have prepared in the Combat tracker, the Arrow to do it doesn't exist anymore !

I don't undertand why ther is changes like for 4E. You told me that there will be no dev anymore for 4e, so don't change things for 4E please !

Best Regards,

Alec

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2024, 23:25
All of that works in the 4E ruleset. I can open NPCs/Monsters and the Combat Tracker without any issues

Are you running any extensions? Do you have any unpacked versions of rulesets in your FG data folder?

Regards,
JPG

Alec McCast
March 12th, 2024, 09:38
I'm sorry, but it's not an issue of opening the NPC or the Combat Tracker.
The issue is we can't add an Encounter to the Combat Tracker because there is no more the arrow to do it and there is errors when opening an Encounter or rescaling the window of an encounter. (see screenshot)
Moreover thge issue of the NPC is the display is completely change, there is no more the display structure of the 4e, the colour the way it's organize, now it's unreadable and all Flat. (see screenshot)

Can you put back the classic display of 4e please and fix the issue with the encounter that can't be add to the Combat tracker please ?

Thanks,

Alec

EDIT: In my screenshot there is no add ons used.

EDIT : Example of Powers for Colors : 60155

EDIT: My ruleset folder : 60156

Moon Wizard
March 12th, 2024, 22:02
I just pushed an update to fix the Encounter window error and missing button. You can also drag the Encounter link onto the combat tracker to add as well.

Unfortunately, there are no plans to put the old window design back into 4E, as the window design made doing any maintenance/theme work take twice as long, just to support a single system. The theme was moved to make it more in-line with the standard layout and themes; and should work better with any of the built-in themes.

Regards,
JPG

Alec McCast
March 20th, 2024, 09:58
Hi,

Thanks for the update for the Encounter window.

I'm calling to your common senses, can take a look at this picture : 60240, and tell me what is the most readable ? On the left you have the classic 4e display like we had before the update, everything is organized and clear. Now it's just a mess, nothing is organized on the type of actrion as it has to be. What's the point to have windows for power if you display powers like this ?
Is there anyway to get back a proper display and not this unreadeable pile of powers ?

Cordially,
Alec

Moon Wizard
March 20th, 2024, 19:38
That image on the right is not the version prior to the update; but an actual copy of a card from WotC from a book.

The 4E ruleset was specifically updated because the maintenance on it was too high with all the custom layout code, which caused issues for theming support as well as any new features.
I can look at reducing the layout to be a little closer long term, but not until I iron out some other items overall. Also, it will never be as tight as the book print output.

Regards,
JPG

kevininrussia
March 21st, 2024, 05:47
Adding the At-Will, Encounter, Daily colors would help a lot.
Examples:

https://i.imgur.com/NFYaWFJ.png https://i.imgur.com/7HrksOl.png

superteddy57
March 22nd, 2024, 17:20
Hi,

Thanks for the update for the Encounter window.

I'm calling to your common senses, can take a look at this picture : 60240, and tell me what is the most readable ? On the left you have the classic 4e display like we had before the update, everything is organized and clear. Now it's just a mess, nothing is organized on the type of actrion as it has to be. What's the point to have windows for power if you display powers like this ?
Is there anyway to get back a proper display and not this unreadeable pile of powers ?

Cordially,
Alec

Is this what you mean by making it more tightened up?

kevininrussia
March 22nd, 2024, 17:47
Is this what you mean by making it more tightened up?

Looking great. Is it possible to have the colors for at-will, encounter and daily powers? Might be part of the theme. If so I could make a theme override. I did that previously for the Winter Theme.

superteddy57
March 22nd, 2024, 18:12
We are going to add something to give the colors, but for a more in depth change for the whole frame like before we are still discussing solutions and a deeper solution needs to be found to make it part of the standardization we are currently going through.

Here it is with the option to collapse/expand and the aforementioned color box

kevininrussia
March 23rd, 2024, 02:53
We are going to add something to give the colors, but for a more in depth change for the whole frame like before we are still discussing solutions and a deeper solution needs to be found to make it part of the standardization we are currently going through.

Here it is with the option to collapse/expand and the aforementioned color box

Looks good to me.

I would only want it expanded though. Will it default to expanded?

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2024, 18:46
This has been updated. Please run a new Check for Updates to try out the latest changes.

Regards,
JPG

skelekon
March 27th, 2024, 04:16
Another 4E issue I have noticed is that if you open an Encounter of type Skill Challenge from a module built before the last ruleset update, it throws a bunch of console errors and there are no buttons for 'Add to Tracker' or 'Quick Map'.

Issue appears to be that the <flavor> tag was previously type="string" and is now type="formattedtext"

'Add to Tracker' is also broken for both old and newly created SCs, throwing console errors - it used to add the skill DCs to the Skill Challenge Tracker.

Moon Wizard
March 27th, 2024, 22:37
Thanks for reporting. Just pushed a quick fix for these.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?80650-FG-Ruleset-Updates-2024-03&p=712769&viewfull=1#post712769

Please note that any skill challenge encounters created since 3/5 will need to be deleted and recreated; or hit me up with your campaign db.xml and I can convert.

Regards,
JPG

skelekon
March 27th, 2024, 22:58
Thank you - looks good.

No conversion required.

famuraa
March 29th, 2024, 00:37
Please, resolve the problem to the last update, return to the back image font. Sorry for my bad english i'm an italian master and my players are very raged for this update.

Moon Wizard
March 29th, 2024, 00:57
As noted in post #4,

"Unfortunately, there are no plans to put the old window design back into 4E, as the window design made doing any maintenance/theme work take twice as long, just to support a single system. The theme was moved to make it more in-line with the standard layout and themes; and should work better with any of the built-in themes."

Regards,
JPG

famuraa
March 29th, 2024, 06:57
As noted in post #4,

"Unfortunately, there are no plans to put the old window design back into 4E, as the window design made doing any maintenance/theme work take twice as long, just to support a single system. The theme was moved to make it more in-line with the standard layout and themes; and should work better with any of the built-in themes."

Regards,
JPG

I understand, but try to put yourself in our shoes, now it's really miserable and monochromatic, at least try to make everything in different colours, I appeal to your common sense.

Moon Wizard
March 29th, 2024, 07:41
It can be used with any theme, if you would like to change the coloring.

Regards,
JPG

famuraa
March 29th, 2024, 11:16
It can be used with any theme, if you would like to change the coloring.

Regards,
JPG

Sorry but Changing the theme does not solve the problems caused by this update, 4e is an expansion appreciated by few and supported only by fans, so why create these changes? couldn't we leave everything as before, or at least create something on forge even for a fee to ensure that it kept its graphic style like in the manuals and power cards? Thank you.

Jiminimonka
March 29th, 2024, 12:49
Sorry but Changing the theme does not solve the problems caused by this update, 4e is an expansion appreciated by few and supported only by fans, so why create these changes? couldn't we leave everything as before, or at least create something on forge even for a fee to ensure that it kept its graphic style like in the manuals and power cards? Thank you.

4e is a free ruleset on Fantasy Grounds. If you want it to work like it used to prior to the recent 100% necessary changes to Fantasy Grounds then either learn to code lua and create a theme that is to your liking or wait for one of the community developers, that volunteer their free time, to do it.

famuraa
March 29th, 2024, 16:21
I know this, but then I don't understand why update it and not leave it as it was. For 4th edition players it was fine as it was before the updates, couldn't the 4th edition rules system be excluded from the updates?

Jiminimonka
March 29th, 2024, 16:55
I know this, but then I don't understand why update it and not leave it as it was. For 4th edition players it was fine as it was before the updates, couldn't the 4th edition rules system be excluded from the updates?

You can't update the software and then select one ruleset not to get an update. It doesn't work that way.

Eventually the 4e community will update their content to work better in FGU 4.5, but it takes time.

Trenloe
March 29th, 2024, 17:02
The 4E ruleset is part of the base rulesets provided by Fantasy Grounds. As such, they still need to support this ruleset plus any themes they provide (free and from the store) that are compatible with all rulesets. A lot of the recent changes were to make it more efficient for SmiteWorks to support rulesets and themes. If the recent changes weren't made to the 4E ruleset then most (all?) of the SmiteWorks provided themes would stop working and also future core functionality might not work correctly in the 4E ruleset.

I understand it's annoying for the layout/colours/graphics to change from what you're used to. Hopefully there can be some assistance with this from the community, perhaps an extension supporting some changes for a subset of themes...

famuraa
March 29th, 2024, 20:15
ok, i hope in one update, thank for all. I'm sorry for disturb

Alec McCast
April 1st, 2024, 18:38
Thanks a lot for the improvement of the NPCs Sheets.

Regards,
Alec