PDA

View Full Version : Empty Assets Window

bumassdumass
March 11th, 2024, 02:29
I'm trying to upload a separate token for the flat view and 3D view for a PC. The portrait view used when selecting a portrait allows me to choose the 'data' folder and access the different files I have put in the local portrait folder, however the assets tab that opens when selecting 'Token - Flat' and 'Token - Camera' is always empty, despite having images in each of the folders associated with the different tabs. Has anyone else experienced this issue/know how to get the assets window to populate?

LordEntrails
March 11th, 2024, 02:44
What file types of images have you loaded? I think they must be either webp or png. But not sure.

Zacchaeus
March 11th, 2024, 03:03
If you are a player you won’t see anything other than portraits. Only the DM can assign tokens or images for the camera token.

Urheil
March 12th, 2024, 04:56
I'm running a campaign trying to put the token cameras for my players but no matter what type of image i put (webm nor png) it doesn't work.

i have another pc (in reality it's an npc with a character sheet) that allows me the change... don't know why...

As you can see, the four players dont have the green plus button but the horse does. And that's the only one i could assign a picture on it.

After:

Any ideas?

Zacchaeus
March 12th, 2024, 09:38
Are you using any extensions - especially one which locks the character sheet? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?

Urheil
March 12th, 2024, 12:39
Are you using any extensions - especially one which locks the character sheet? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?

This is not a new campaign and I tried it with no extensions.

Zacchaeus
March 12th, 2024, 12:50
This is not a new campaign and I tried it with no extensions.

Does it work in a new campaign with a newly created character? I'm not able to reproduce the issue in any of my test campaigns. Have you tried just dragging an image into the Token - Camera slot? You may also try deleting the CoreRPG.pak and 5e.pak files from your rulesets folder (and delete any folders you find inside that folder as well); and then update FG.

It's possible that an extension has done something to the PC sheets which is causing the issue (even if the extension is switched off it might well leave code there that breaks things).

Urheil
March 12th, 2024, 12:53
Does it work in a new campaign with a newly created character? I'm not able to reproduce the issue in any of my test campaigns. Have you tried just dragging an image into the Token - Camera slot? You may also try deleting the CoreRPG.pak and 5e.pak files from your rulesets folder (and delete any folders you find inside that folder as well); and then update FG.

It's possible that an extension has done something to the PC sheets which is casuing the issue (even if the extension is switched off it might well leave code there that breaks things).

Started a clean campaign.

With new character it works like a charm.

Importing one of the character doesn't allow me to change the flat nor the camera tokens.

I will try to delete those files and try again, but since importing the character didn't work i doubt it will.

Edit1: deleting didn't work. I'll try to recreate the pc with a clean sheet.

Urheil
March 12th, 2024, 13:27
Found how to replicate:

with a new clean campaign. Create a new pc sheet. only put the name. now drag that sheet in order to copy it.
the copy won't allow you to change the tokens (camera and flat)

note: in my campaigns i have a character template for when i need a new pc. that's why all my pcs have that problem

Urheil
March 12th, 2024, 16:53
when copied there is a flag in the xml:

<locked type="number">1</locked>

that's what it seems broken

Zacchaeus
March 12th, 2024, 17:07

That will be an extension that is doing that I think. Characters aren't locked by default.

Trenloe
March 12th, 2024, 17:13

Good find. It appears the generic drag/drop to copy code locks the new record. Hopefully the devs can add an exception to this for character sheets.

Urheil
March 12th, 2024, 17:45
That will be an extension that is doing that I think. Characters aren't locked by default.

as i put before: clean campaign made from scratch, so no extensions ever loaded in that campaign :)

Zacchaeus
March 12th, 2024, 18:16
as i put before: clean campaign made from scratch, so no extensions ever loaded in that campaign :)

Yeah, I misread your post. I thought you were working from copies from your original campaign. But Trenloe is smarter than me :)

Urheil
March 12th, 2024, 18:58
Yeah, I misread your post. I thought you were working from copies from your original campaign. But Trenloe is smarter than me :)

Sorry if it sounded harsh... That was not my intent.
It's almost 3pm here and two/three weeks 'til today feels like one giant monday... so... sorry... also since english is not my native language, i could be writing things that could be interpreted as tough or insensitive... so, sorry again

Zacchaeus
March 12th, 2024, 20:44
Sorry if it sounded harsh... That was not my intent.
It's almost 3pm here and two/three weeks 'til today feels like one giant monday... so... sorry... also since english is not my native language, i could be writing things that could be interpreted as tough or insensitive... so, sorry again

NO need for apology. I just misread your post and misdirected myself; so you were perfectly correct in pointing that out. And also Trenloe is still smarter than me :)

cwsoots
March 12th, 2024, 21:50
I am having this exact same issue as was discussed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?80695-Unable-to-change-tokens-on-PCs. I'm glad to see a cause discovered. I'll be following for a recommended fix. Thanks to all involved for the investigation!

Moon Wizard
March 12th, 2024, 22:00
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?80650-FG-Ruleset-Updates-2024-03&p=710946&viewfull=1#post710946

Urheil
March 13th, 2024, 20:13
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?80650-FG-Ruleset-Updates-2024-03&p=710946&viewfull=1#post710946

<3

thanks!