PDA

View Full Version : LOS and Mask token visibility triggers visibility on Combat Tracker

kevininrussia
March 10th, 2024, 00:25
Haven't used FGU in a while. Did they ever implement LOS and Mask token visibility triggers visibility on Combat Tracker? It was on the Idea Informer wish list but that does not work anymore apparently.

Zacchaeus
March 10th, 2024, 00:52
No. Visibility of a token on the map is determined by the visibility on the CT.

Griogre
March 10th, 2024, 01:28
Well, you can select an token on the map that is hidden on the combat tracker and right click the token and set mask visibility. I do that frequently so the player's will see the monster if they move so it becomes visible. I seldom make a monster visible on the tracker until the player's see it.

kevininrussia
March 10th, 2024, 01:34
I suppose it's the same as before where when a monster token becomes visible on the map, the GM has to manually select the eye button on the combat tracker for the players to see it in the CT. That was always a pain in the butt. I was hoping that would be automated by now.

Mephisto
March 11th, 2024, 11:14
I might be mistaken but if I remember correctly, if you use the "eye" button to make the monster visible in CT it does so on the map as well? Never crossed my mind to make the token visible instead of the CT entry. :)

LordEntrails
March 11th, 2024, 17:47
I might be mistaken but if I remember correctly, if you use the "eye" button to make the monster visible in CT it does so on the map as well? Never crossed my mind to make the token visible instead of the CT entry. :)
I believe the request is the opposite of this; to make NPCs on the CT visible based upon if they are within LOS on the map.

kevininrussia
March 11th, 2024, 21:20
I believe the request is the opposite of this; to make NPCs on the CT visible based upon if they are within LOS on the map.

Yes, this.

There was a more detailed description on idea.informer. If I remember correctly, it was in the top 5 or 10 in upvotes.

http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/ no longer works so people might want to remove it from their bios.

LordEntrails
March 11th, 2024, 21:37
Idea informer stopped working correctly at the end of last week. The hope is that it will be fixed, and one of the SmiteWorks people has been asked to look into it. But I do not believe they have gotten a definite answer yet.

Phoenix_133
March 16th, 2024, 10:49
I do hope they get it back up again, especially as I have invested quite some time into filing in suggestions and needed feature requests.

I find it a vital transparent feedback option for the community. Regular bug reports don't make if for it.

Any news on if or when the service will be available again?

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2024, 14:28
I do hope they get it back up again, especially as I have invested quite some time into filing in suggestions and needed feature requests.

I find it a vital transparent feedback option for the community. Regular bug reports don't make if for it.

Any news on if or when the service will be available again?

A completely new version is being worked on. Just need to iron out a few things before it's ready for release.

LordEntrails
March 16th, 2024, 17:04
Be aware, I suspect SmiteWorks is not going to be able to recover the requests and comments. But, if you had an account there, you can find under your profile a list of your comments and entries. So at least the data is recoverable to some extent, but it may require each of us to re-enter our own. Once the new system is up, I will start a thread with details and steps.

Phoenix_133
March 17th, 2024, 07:13
A completely new version is being worked on. Just need to iron out a few things before it's ready for release.

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to it! Are you posting a short message here to let us know once it goes live? Thanks!

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2024, 09:28
Thanks a lot! Looking forward to it! Are you posting a short message here to let us know once it goes live? Thanks!

Well, I, personally won't be; but Doug will. :D

claedawg
March 20th, 2024, 14:45
Haven't used FGU in a while. Did they ever implement LOS and Mask token visibility triggers visibility on Combat Tracker? It was on the Idea Informer wish list but that does not work anymore apparently.

Not sure if this will do what you are looking for, maybe try the Always Sensitive Visibility extension.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/364/view

kevininrussia
March 20th, 2024, 21:50
Not sure if this will do what you are looking for, maybe try the Always Sensitive Visibility extension.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/364/view

I always turn on visibility sensitive in Options. I don't want to always have to manually click the eye on the CT every time an NPC becomes visible on the map. I want that automated as an option.

Example: PC turns the corner into a room. LOS triggers the map tokens for NPC's in that room to become visible. Currently I now have to look on the CT for each NPC that is now visible on the map and click their eye button. Lame frustrating waste of my and my players time. I want that to be automated. If NPC map token becomes visible to a PC, then that corresponding NPC on the tracker becomes visible (little eye turns on).

claedawg
March 21st, 2024, 00:51
I always turn on visibility sensitive in Options. I don't want to always have to manually click the eye on the CT every time an NPC becomes visible on the map. I want that automated as an option.

Example: PC turns the corner into a room. LOS triggers the map tokens for NPC's in that room to become visible. Currently I now have to look on the CT for each NPC that is now visible on the map and click their eye button. Lame frustrating waste of my and my players time. I want that to be automated. If NPC map token becomes visible to a PC, then that corresponding NPC on the tracker becomes visible (little eye turns on).

I'm fairly certain that is exactly what that extension does. I believe it also is PC specific.

kevininrussia
March 21st, 2024, 01:09
I'm fairly certain that is exactly what that extension does. I believe it also is PC specific.

Sadly it doesn't. Just checked it. When NPC token becomes visible to PC on map, eye icon remains closed and monster is not reveled on players CT.

claedawg
March 21st, 2024, 02:34
Sadly it doesn't. Just checked it. When NPC token becomes visible to PC on map, eye icon remains closed and monster is not reveled on players CT.

Hmm, I could have sworn my players were able to the npcs on the CT. DId you try changing "turn on visibility sensitive in Options"?

kevininrussia
March 21st, 2024, 04:39
Hmm, I could have sworn my players were able to the npcs on the CT. DId you try changing "turn on visibility sensitive in Options"?

Cant find that option exists in the latest version. I think it changed to Enable Fog of War. That's turned on so token fog of war works but npc does not become visible on CT.

kevininrussia
March 21st, 2024, 22:38
Added this to the Feature Request page.

search for: Map Token visibility triggers Combat Tracker eye

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featurerequests/featurerequests.php?

claedawg
March 21st, 2024, 23:39
Cant find that option exists in the latest version. I think it changed to Enable Fog of War. That's turned on so token fog of war works but npc does not become visible on CT.

Well, dang. I thought it would work. Maybe since your request has been added SmiteWorks will add it. I voted for it.