PDA

View Full Version : Devin Night Tokens and 2.5D mode

Tordrache
March 8th, 2024, 19:35
Hi,
I hope this is the right place to ask this (if not, I am sorry). I really like the new mode, but have all the Devin Night tokens. These Tokens can`t be used in 2.5D because of the top down view, which makes it so they look down into the ground. Are there plans to convert these tokens or are they just not useable in this mode?
Thank you for your work and have a nice evening.
Greetings
Max

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2024, 21:02
Hi,
I hope this is the right place to ask this (if not, I am sorry). I really like the new mode, but have all the Devin Night tokens. These Tokens can`t be used in 2.5D because of the top down view, which makes it so they look down into the ground. Are there plans to convert these tokens or are they just not useable in this mode?
Thank you for your work and have a nice evening.
Greetings
Max

The 'tokens' used in Camera mode are actually images rather than tokens. So if you have images (in wepb format preferably) for your PCs or NPCs put those into the camera token (add the images to your campaign and then drag from the image list and drop into the camera token spot). If there's nothing in the Camera token slot then the token (the one in the token slot) will be used as the image. I don't know what ruleset you are using but many of the images in many official publications have been converted to wepb format so that they can be used as camera token images.

LordEntrails
March 8th, 2024, 21:12
I imagine the various token artists might consider making complimentary portrait/full body art to match their token sets. But this is a lot of work, especially to go from top down views to full body. But, there will be a market for it. That said, I would not expect artists to do this work for free and so would expect they would be making and selling new products to go along with their previous sets. Here's hoping Devin and DarkWoulfe and others agree it's worth their time. I would support a few of those endeavors.

seycyrus
March 9th, 2024, 01:15
...it's worth their time. I would support a few of those endeavors.

You have my $word!

Tailz Silver Paws
March 12th, 2024, 03:25
I imagine the various token artists might consider making complimentary portrait/full body art to match their token sets. But this is a lot of work, especially to go from top down views to full body. But, there will be a market for it. That said, I would not expect artists to do this work for free and so would expect they would be making and selling new products to go along with their previous sets. Here's hoping Devin and DarkWoulfe and others agree it's worth their time. I would support a few of those endeavors.

I'm keeping my eye on it as a possibility for the Isometric assets (https://www.wyldfurr.com/project/isometric-map-tiles-volume-1/) I am working on. I had drifted away from Fantasy Grounds for tokens as I just felt FG was lagging in the field of token control if you didn't do anything other than a square or circle.