PDA

View Full Version : v4.5 Update and SWADE Error for Players with Combat Tracker, Powers

Reg
March 8th, 2024, 13:05
Hi
After the recent update to v4.5, our regular and long-running Savage Worlds Adventure Edition session tonight was plagued by repeated bugs.

The players could not advance the combat tracker at the end of their turn, with errors popping up in the Console.

GM(me) was able to advance to the next actor as normal.

Our player who uses SWADE's Powers system for magic was also beset by errors whenever he tried to open a reference link from his character sheet's "Powers" tab to open the window with the descriptive text and options and effects for each power. This did not happen when the GM did it. I asked him to double-check that all relevant Modules were activated in the Library and this had no effect.

During the 4 hour session, on two occasions the Combat Tracker jumped to the top of a new round with a random actor before the entire sequence of actors had been clicked through.

I managed to get log files from 4 out of 5 players - not the Powers user as yet

The Environment:- iMac 8-Core i7 w/64GB RAM running MacOS Venture 13.6.4

Game System:- Savage Worlds Adventure Edition

Modules:- Science Fiction Companion, The Last Parsec, Sprawlrunner, Interface Zero3.0, Gatherall Prime

Extensions:-Character Advances, Clock Adjuster, Encounter Descriptions, Inventory Identified, Natural Selection, Party Inventory Weight, Replace GM Icon,Size Matters,Turbo, 4C Chillheim's Combat & Chase Collection, Always Sensitive Visibility, Arcane Devices, Charsheet Contacts, CoreRPG, Has Initiative Indicator, Dice Jail, Dice Jail smelter Upgrade, Fast Tests, Fear Penalties, NPC Out-ofAmmo, Player Agency, Reload Consumption, Roll Statistics, SW Keywords, Timer, Trait Roll Details,

Theme:- InterfaceZero 3.0

As the session was live, I wasn't able to test and repeat things with various extensions disabled/enabled. I might be able to do this in coming days.

I've been trying to attach the log files, but a tiny window that is a duplicate of the Forum main page opens with a message that I don't have permission when I hit "Upload" so that's a hindrance

Jiminimonka
March 8th, 2024, 14:58
Answered on Discord.

Reg
March 9th, 2024, 06:25
I wasn't sure how "launch a second instance" could be done. MacOS actively prevents multiple instances of the same app running. So I did some research and created a virtual machine in Parallels and downloaded FGU into it. That let me run FGU natively in Ventura as GM and then run Windows 10 Home in Parallels that could run a Player version of FGU and Join the GM campaign.

The initial test that I did showed that turning off the extension for the initiative indicator did not alter the error.

Turning off all extensions also did not alter the error behaviour - the combat tracker advance button when pressed by the player generates an error in the Player's instance of FGU.

The opening of the "Powers" reference from the link icon on the player's character sheet is also still generating errors with all extensions disabled.

I grabbed logs of both of those, however, the uploading of attachments here in the Forum is still not working, so I could send them to someone via another method.

Reg
March 9th, 2024, 07:03
Logs sent to Camberme via Discord

Moon Wizard
March 9th, 2024, 07:56
Thanks for reporting and providing the logs. I'm not sure if you tried the Go Advanced->Manage Attachments option for the forum reply, but that's how I usually post files.

I've just pushed a hot fix that should address the issue on the player client.

Regards,
JPG

Reg
March 9th, 2024, 13:37
I've just repeated this test with Parallels & the Combat Tracker error is gone after the last update - thank you!

The Powers error, is still there, however.

...and the file attachment issue has been resolved, so here's the log files from the player side and the DM side.

So, progress, Thanks!

Moon Wizard
March 9th, 2024, 21:26
Just pushed another update to address that one on the player side.

Regards,
JPG

Reg
March 10th, 2024, 14:19
Just pushed another update to address that one on the player side.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks!

That seems to have done the trick.