PDA

View Full Version : Notes broken with latest update?

Castigan
March 7th, 2024, 18:56
Hi folks,
Just completed the latest update and all my notes seem to be broken. lots of errors when I open and unreadable. Not much in the notes, just map links and text. Is this a me problem that I have to track down or something bigger?
Thanks.

Mike Serfass
March 7th, 2024, 19:00
I have a few notes, but none of them are listing in the Notes window. The list is blank.
The note I have hot keyed opens and works fine.
I just can't open any other notes.
I'm using Savage Worlds (SWADE).

LordEntrails
March 7th, 2024, 19:10
Hi folks,
Just completed the latest update and all my notes seem to be broken. lots of errors when I open and unreadable. Not much in the notes, just map links and text. Is this a me problem that I have to track down or something bigger?
Thanks.
Please let us know what ruleset and if you have verified with no extensions. It would also help to Compile Logs and attach here. Thanks!

Mike Serfass
March 7th, 2024, 19:18
For my missing notes, there's no errors or warnings in the console log. Also, no extensions.
I can zip my campaign if that helps.

Castigan
March 7th, 2024, 19:36
Thanks - good advice as always. Tracked it down to an extension titled Automatic Record Links. No extension, no problem.
Cheers,

Mike Serfass
March 9th, 2024, 18:23
I figured out the cause of the empty notes list.
The <note> node has been renamed to <notes>. The name wasn't changed during the upgrade to 4.5.
Renaming the node in db.xml fixes the empty list.
fyi: this breaks quick links, so you'll need to update those.

Moon Wizard
March 9th, 2024, 21:14
@Castigan,
Which ruleset was this original report for? I want to make sure that in the process of standardization across rulesets; I didn't impact one of the rulesets that needed an exception.

@Mike Serfass,
Probably don't want to change the DB link until we know the answer above, and I can account for that in the ruleset. Otherwise, other people will be missing notes too.

Thanks,
JPG

Castigan
March 15th, 2024, 19:37
Hi Moon Wizard it was for 5e.

Moon Wizard
March 16th, 2024, 00:05
@Mike Serfass,
If this was related to SW, the exception for the Notes database location was restored.

@Castigan,
It sounded like you figured out that it was caused by an extension...

Regards,
JPG

Mike Serfass
March 16th, 2024, 19:44
Notes are now showing again.
Thanks Moon Wizard!