View Full Version : New Error after update

deer_buster
March 7th, 2024, 14:06
After update
New RolemasterClassic campaign, no extensions
Character Law activated
View Pure Mentalism Spell User Level 20 from NPCs
Click on link for Base Spell Attack

"Script Execution error: [string: "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_window.lua"]:219: attempt to index local 'c' (a function value)"

Also note how the Base Spell Attack window looks? It's completely jumbled...might be because of the error above, might not.

deer_buster
March 7th, 2024, 14:14
Additionally, is this how drop downs work now?

deer_buster
March 7th, 2024, 14:19
Something else new, when I go to the Spells tab of a new character, with Spell Law activated, and try to click the drop down menu for Spell Category, nothing appears, regardless of whether you select a different realm or not

Sulimo
March 9th, 2024, 05:00
After update
New RolemasterClassic campaign, no extensions
Character Law activated
View Pure Mentalism Spell User Level 20 from NPCs
Click on link for Base Spell Attack

"Script Execution error: [string: "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_window.lua"]:219: attempt to index local 'c' (a function value)"

Also note how the Base Spell Attack window looks? It's completely jumbled...might be because of the error above, might not.

I'm seeing this as well, it appears to be any time the Base Spell Attack is opened for any NPC, I could reproduce it with the Level 01 Mentalism user and the Hybrid Spell Users, so guessing it has to do with the Base Spell Attack for the NPCs, but PCs using Base Spell Attack seem to be fine.

Additionally, is this how drop downs work now?

I do not know of another ruleset that uses the Drop Downs menus like RMC does, so it's hard to say if that is intentional or not, but I definitely see the same thing.

Something else new, when I go to the Spells tab of a new character, with Spell Law activated, and try to click the drop down menu for Spell Category, nothing appears, regardless of whether you select a different realm or not

I'm not seeing that when I try it, however, seems like it's not filtering based on Realm though (this seems like it was the case previously in 4.4 though):
https://i.imgur.com/5waHrTI.png

I just updated before I posted this, so the first two issues are still present at least.

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2024, 04:45
Looking at this now.

* Base Spell Attack error = This appears to be original data from the module and is not new to this release. I'll clean up some of the warnings; and then I'll escalate to Dakadin.
* Character Sheet Combo Boxes = The top combo box is technically in another subwindow now to allow more compartmentalization; and the combo box will make the window bigger to fit the list. I'll adjust the list size down slightly.
* Spells Category = I'm not seeing this issue. See attached image.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2024, 04:46
I just pushed an update to RMC with the warning cleanups, and the smaller Profession dropdown, as well as NPC fixes. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
JPG

Sulimo
March 10th, 2024, 06:00
Looks good, except for the issue with Base Spell attack error (which you said you would escalate to Dakadin).

The smaller Drop down is nicer. And as my earlier post indicated, I could not replicate the issue with the Spells tab either.

It's been too long since I created a character to know when that drop down behavior changed for the Profession field.

The change is not present in 4.4 (had an old computer that I had not turned on in a while), but is present in 4.4.9.

I'm guessing it's been a while since anyone built a character using the drop down, so no one caught it before now. Since the initial CoreRPG conversion years ago (for RMC v2.0) I am guessing most people use the Drag/Drop method of setting Profession, instead of using the drop downs.

A screen shot for reference just in case anyone is curious (I'm not saying this needs to be fixed, just showing what it looked like before).

https://i.imgur.com/N4BIc2W.png

deer_buster
March 10th, 2024, 06:54
Spells category appears to be fixed now, so not sure what is different

Dakadin
March 13th, 2024, 20:41
The fix for the items types not matching has been pushed for Character Law, Creatures & Treasures, and RM Companion 1. Please let me know if you see any other issues.