PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns

fmccurry
March 7th, 2024, 12:37
After I designed a campaign I used to be able to export it.
The <Export> button is now gone.
How do I export a campaign now.

Thank you very much

Laerun
March 7th, 2024, 13:02
After I designed a campaign I used to be able to export it.
The <Export> button is now gone.
How do I export a campaign now.

Thank you very much

Look in "Books", which is sort of a hybrid between refman and story sata now.

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2024, 14:00
Also you can always just type /export in chat and press return.

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2024, 18:53
The Export button is in the under the Modules window located in the Sidebar. It has been there for quite a while.

If you're looking for the previous Builder button, then look under the Books section and click Campaign.

Regards,
JPG

claedawg
March 7th, 2024, 23:57
The Export button is in the under the Modules window located in the Sidebar. It has been there for quite a while.

If you're looking for the previous Builder button, then look under the Books section and click Campaign.

Regards,
JPG

Mad Nomad's extension for the module manager causes the export button to disappear after updates. I haven't checked since the current update came out.

LordEntrails
March 8th, 2024, 00:12
Mad Nomad's extension for the module manager causes the export button to disappear after updates. I haven't checked since the current update came out.
You should make sure MNM knows this. He's the one that will fix this.

claedawg
March 8th, 2024, 01:42
You should make sure MNM knows this. He's the one that will fix this.

I just checked and there is no issue with that this time. I know the last 2 big updates did cause an issue.

One thing I did notice with the new Books system (Reference Manual). I have been working on a reference manual and when I click on the new Books button it opens a new blank "reference manual". Fortunately, I have the reference manual I've been working on pinned and it opens from there. I also tested exporting and it does export the material from the original reference manual into the new Book rework.

Haven't tried editing the blank Book so I don't know if that will override the original reference manual or not in the parent campaign.

charros
March 8th, 2024, 03:47
Hello,
On the new tab books, I can go to my custom campaign that I am making on campaign button. However, I am noticing that some of the chapters or papers do not have a section of adding a image to the section or a description. The campaign is unlocked but some pages will pull the options to edit it but there are some pages that look like it is locked and I can't add anything to the page. Is this a glitch?

LordEntrails
March 8th, 2024, 16:52
Hello,
On the new tab books, I can go to my custom campaign that I am making on campaign button. However, I am noticing that some of the chapters or papers do not have a section of adding a image to the section or a description. The campaign is unlocked but some pages will pull the options to edit it but there are some pages that look like it is locked and I can't add anything to the page. Is this a glitch?
I believe that is the difference between basic and advanced story entries. But since that is not the same as this issue, please start a new thread. Include details like what ruleset you are using and that you are testing with no extensions. Also please include screen shots so we can see exactly what you mean.

Mike Serfass
March 8th, 2024, 17:31
@claedawg
Look in the db.xml of the campaign. Find the <reference> node. Is there a <manual> node under that?
If so, delete the <manual> node. It prevents the book from being populated.

LordEntrails
March 8th, 2024, 17:45
@claedawg
Look in the db.xml of the campaign. Find the <reference> node. Is there a <manual> node under that?
Don't forget to make your backups before you do this :)

Mike Serfass
March 8th, 2024, 17:54
I don't need backups. It's just xml. How badly could I mess that up?
Gaaaah! My whole module is gone!! Forum, how do I get it back!? Heeeelp!!!

^^ Don't let this crit fail happen to you. Always back up.

claedawg
March 8th, 2024, 19:19
@claedawg

I'm not wanting to block it from being edited. I'm still working on it. Or, am I misunderstanding what your instructions will do?

Mike Serfass
March 8th, 2024, 20:23
The manual node is preventing the information being loaded into the book.
Removing the <manual> node will allow the information under <refmanualdata> and <refmanualindex> to be loaded.
You'll then be able to edit your work in the reference manual book as expected.