PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a quick test group

Tom90deg
March 9th, 2008, 11:24
Hey all, I just got the full verson of FG, and I wanted to do a quick test run to make sure that I understand how it works, and that I can actually host games :) Anyone who wants to join, my connection alias is "able monk zany nail" It'll be there for a while, so anyone who can hop on for a second, I'd really apperciate it!

Tom90deg

Oberoten
March 9th, 2008, 11:34
Okay, testing failed.

This could be depending on several factors :

A
Do you have a security package that contains a firewall? It is usually not enough to just disable it, you will need to actively open port 1802 in the firewall.

B
Do you have a router or a ADSL modem? You may need to connect to it and configure it so it forwards port 1802 to your computer.

Tom90deg
March 9th, 2008, 11:39
Blast. Ok, I'll try to edit the modem settings...back in a sec.

Tom90deg
March 9th, 2008, 11:45
Ok, try it again...my connection is reaaaly flaky, so I reset it, see if it gets anything. If not, can someone start one, and I can see If I can join? The alias is tiny echo oily vest

Kunsgnos
March 9th, 2008, 17:11
I just tried to get on and failed. The website has several helps and walkthroughs. Sometimes its one little thing or 20 big ones. Its trial and error. just read everthing thuroughly twice through before you do anything, so you can revert the problum if you lose your internet. If you aren't to computer savey, like me, start a thread on the technical help page. It also helps if you have someone you know with FG so you can just call him up for a connection. a lot better then posting a message and waiting for whoever reads it. and lastly post when you have sucsess. I have seen a few threads where people are responding years laters because the guy doesn't say if he gave up on FG or had sucsess.

Ghoti
March 9th, 2008, 19:58
I also am unable to connect thus far. I shall retry periodically.

Lysander
March 9th, 2008, 22:00
I was unabel to connect as of this writing. Good Luck...

Ghoti
March 9th, 2008, 22:59
As of the time of this post I am also still unable to connect.