PDA

View Full Version : Connectivity issues

John_Geeshu
March 8th, 2008, 21:10
Here's the nuts and bolts of my problem: my players can no longer connect to my computer.

I recently replaced my computer; I am running Vista Premium instead of XP Home; I purchased a new copy of FG II and installed all updates; and I copied across the campaign folder for my campaign from my old hard drive to my new hard drive. Sunday night my players could not connect using an alias with or without a password. We had been using a different alias and I am wondering if it is saved somewhere in the campaign file even though I can't get the same alias to come up when I start the campaign on the new machine.

Help?

jthm0138
March 8th, 2008, 23:09
post removed by user.

Hamish
March 9th, 2008, 09:16
Don't know if you're using a router, but if you do your new computer probably has a different (internal) IP address, so you will have to change the port forwarding rule on your router.....

John_Geeshu
March 9th, 2008, 14:10
Same router, same modem, firewall is set to let FG through. OS is the only thing that has changed.

jthm0138
March 9th, 2008, 15:31
Post removed by user

Hamish
March 9th, 2008, 19:28
Same router, same modem, firewall is set to let FG through. OS is the only thing that has changed.

Same router doesn't mean it will work automatically. If your router is using NAT, you have to specify to which internal IP address it must forward incoming FG traffic (port 1802). Since your new computer probably has a different IP address than your old one, this rule must be changed accordingly.

John_Geeshu
March 9th, 2008, 21:15
Ahhh bingo, thank you Hamish. Ignorance is not always bliss. The IP change did the trick.

Hamish
March 12th, 2008, 20:17
You're very welcome.
Glad to be of help to the guy who taught me the basics of FG. Enjoyed playing your games very much! :)