PDA

View Full Version : Players can't see my library book!

Xorn
March 8th, 2008, 14:41
Grrr.

Any clue as to what I'm probably doing wrong? I copied the d20spells.mod and made it a list of the 4E powers for my playtest session today. (Easiest way to put all their stuff in was to just make them all spells.)

I've put in the paladin and cleric stuff so far, but I just found out my PLAYERS can't see the library book. (I see it fine, d20 4E Powers, and I can look through the class "spell" lists.) When a player loads up the paladin, he can't click the links in the spells tab. Any idea why I can see the library book, but they can't?

Oberoten
March 8th, 2008, 14:56
Client.XML
DB.XML?

what are the files inside the MOD named? only Client.XML is shared with the users.

Griogre
March 8th, 2008, 18:46
If you copied the d20 mod then they are client modules. Client modules are only loaded from the computer they are stored on (ie each computer needs to have a copy of the mod - but there is no data transfer from the host). This means you need to distribute the mod file to each player and have them drop them into their module folder in data apps.

If you don't want to distribute the mod file that way then change the name from client.xml to common.xml and force load it (Force Load is a setting on the module list - the lightning bolt). The host will then distribute the data to the clients. The drawback with doing it this way is that you will have to transfer the data to the clients every time they connect.

Xorn
March 9th, 2008, 04:44
Yeah I read that they'll need to have the .mod with client.xml on their local computers. Then I found out about the common.xml file--it's perfect! I couldn't find any appreciable load time, though. (I did the common.xml > Force Load route.)

After getting Notepad++ as well, adding spells is suddenly a LOT simpler. I added a total of 35ish spells (powers) in about 2 hours. It really started going fast with Notepad++. Anyway, I ran part of a game this morning, had a blast!