PDA

View Full Version : Rmu?

Nightchilde2
February 27th, 2024, 23:17
Any hope of getting RMU in FG? I know they want to push ERA but ERA just...isn't that good for online play (and is a bit clunky).

QuirkyBirky
March 1st, 2024, 13:09
ERA has nothing to do with FG, so it's not a question of priorities. They're developed separately.

I think the official answer is that ICE want to see an RMU ruleset for FG, but it's not as simple as that. It needs someone with a knowledge of the inner workings of FG and LUA, a very strong knowledge of the RMU rules, and most likely a familiarity of how the RMC ruleset works, the table resolver being very much a bespoke part of this ruleset and likely the heart of any RMU ruleset. If someone ticks all these boxes then they also need to have the available time and inclination (it'll be a labour of love, not a financially rewarding enterprise).

I'd love to see it happen. I can't see me running an RMU game without FG, even though I own all the books released thus far. I'm sure it will happen but, as for when, your guess is as good as mine.

alloowishus
March 22nd, 2024, 19:25
Isn't Dakadin working on it?

Nightchilde2
March 23rd, 2024, 00:21
No clue but i'd be down if they were.

deer_buster
March 26th, 2024, 16:40
Doug has put in a ruleset category for the new feature request tool for Fantasy Grounds. I have put RMU in as a ruleset request. Please go vote to show that RMU is wanted. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featurerequests/featurerequests.php?category=7&status=All&btnSearch=Search

Nightchilde2
March 27th, 2024, 01:38
Doug has put in a ruleset category for the new feature request tool for Fantasy Grounds. I have put RMU in as a ruleset request. Please go vote to show that RMU is wanted. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featurerequests/featurerequests.php?category=7&status=All&btnSearch=Search

Done and done.

JohnD
March 27th, 2024, 23:58
Personally I'd support a Kickstarter for this ruleset. Just saying.

superteddy57
March 28th, 2024, 02:03
Well the feature request votes help us determine such things

deer_buster
March 28th, 2024, 03:44
This

erjohns
March 30th, 2024, 17:29

This has to happen

Grimbold11
April 1st, 2024, 04:44
I have to say, they did some good stuff with their Spell Law work! Fixed some classes, shook some others up - there is some good stuff in there. But it feels like they D&D 5E-ized a bunch of stuff and made RMU into the first version of Rolemaster I actually dislike. Cat people, bird people, everyone gets the same dev points, stat generation...the list keeps going on and on every time I read something. If RMU showed up tomorrow, I don't know how many would actually show interest in it. I wouldn't.. =(

hawkwind
April 20th, 2024, 12:06
This has to happen
plus one for a kickstarter