PDA

View Full Version : Map decoration bugs

Steeleyes
February 27th, 2024, 10:23
I spent a couple of days dungeon dressing a plain map within FGU and ran into 3 issues. I was able to recreate some of the problems simply today in a fresh vanilla campaign.
FGU v4.4.0 (2023-06-16), Windows 11, no extensions, no modules, 5E rule set. A new map with a single painting layer. I searched for similar threads and found lots of mapping glitches but only older different ones.

1) When I delete stamps from a painting layer some other stamps vanish too. It appears to happen more often when I have hundreds of stamps on a painting layer. The stamps that vanish appear to be some ones straight after the deleted ones. They don't reappear even if I fully quit and reload. The barrel icons were added a row at a time starting in the top left and then down. I selected 4 barrels near the bottom and an additional, subsequent 2 barrels vanished when I deleted them. The stamp markers remain but the image is lost.

I have a couple of images showing this but I got a missing security error trying to upload them and then a page access permission error when I tried to report that. :-/

2) Issue 2 appears to be non fatal. If I zoom in and out when stamping a painting layer some (but not all) of the stamp markers show up. The ones that show appear to be those that where added before I last switched to the marker selection tool. The markers still show when I zoom even if I select the dice icon and lock the map. Again I have a picture showing that only some of the markers are displayed when I zoom with Painting/Stamping selected. Really when I zoom in Painting/stamping mode none of the markers should be shown. This might be a symptom of something more serious or just a graphics glitch.

3) I've not been able to recreate this one. When added hundreds of stamps to a painting layer sometimes I'd stamp one image then after I zoomed it would be switched for a different image that I'd used earlier. This time the problem did appear to sort itself out after a reload (unlike (1) above).

pindercarl
February 27th, 2024, 13:58
I spent a couple of days dungeon dressing a plain map within FGU and ran into 3 issues. I was able to recreate some of the problems simply today in a fresh vanilla campaign.
FGU v4.4.0 (2023-06-16), Windows 11, no extensions, no modules, 5E rule set. A new map with a single painting layer. I searched for similar threads and found lots of mapping glitches but only older different ones.

1) When I delete stamps from a painting layer some other stamps vanish too. It appears to happen more often when I have hundreds of stamps on a painting layer. The stamps that vanish appear to be some ones straight after the deleted ones. They don't reappear even if I fully quit and reload. The barrel icons were added a row at a time starting in the top left and then down. I selected 4 barrels near the bottom and an additional, subsequent 2 barrels vanished when I deleted them. The stamp markers remain but the image is lost.

I have a couple of images showing this but I got a missing security error trying to upload them and then a page access permission error when I tried to report that. :-/

2) Issue 2 appears to be non fatal. If I zoom in and out when stamping a painting layer some (but not all) of the stamp markers show up. The ones that show appear to be those that where added before I last switched to the marker selection tool. The markers still show when I zoom even if I select the dice icon and lock the map. Again I have a picture showing that only some of the markers are displayed when I zoom with Painting/Stamping selected. Really when I zoom in Painting/stamping mode none of the markers should be shown. This might be a symptom of something more serious or just a graphics glitch.

3) I've not been able to recreate this one. When added hundreds of stamps to a painting layer sometimes I'd stamp one image then after I zoomed it would be switched for a different image that I'd used earlier. This time the problem did appear to sort itself out after a reload (unlike (1) above).

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce.

Steeleyes
February 27th, 2024, 14:54
Thanks for the report. I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce.

Thanks that's very kind. For the record (given I have issues uploading the picture) I had 16 columns and 19 rows of 5 ft. diameter objects (from Fantasy Grounds/images/folder1/folder2/folder3/whatever.png) on a 20px X 20px grid. I misplaced a few times and did ctrl-Z on as I went and replaced. I deleted the 1st 4 items from the 18 row. So more than 256 objects (I'm not expecting an 8-bit thing but wanted to give you an idea of how many objects).

In the end I split my decorations of one level into 16 different painting layers (of 4-5 rooms each) to try and keep the numbers down (even then I still bumped into the issue on one room).

Nylanfs
February 27th, 2024, 15:26
Select Advanced at the bottom and you should be able to attach an image. There's issues with doing it as a quick reply.

pindercarl
February 27th, 2024, 17:37
Thanks that's very kind. For the record (given I have issues uploading the picture) I had 16 columns and 19 rows of 5 ft. diameter objects (from Fantasy Grounds/images/folder1/folder2/folder3/whatever.png) on a 20px X 20px grid. I misplaced a few times and did ctrl-Z on as I went and replaced. I deleted the 1st 4 items from the 18 row. So more than 256 objects (I'm not expecting an 8-bit thing but wanted to give you an idea of how many objects).

In the end I split my decorations of one level into 16 different painting layers (of 4-5 rooms each) to try and keep the numbers down (even then I still bumped into the issue on one room).

I was able to identify the issues and it should be fixed in the next release. If you're in the Test channel, a new build is expected to be released today or tomorrow. A new release to the Live channel should be early March.

Steeleyes
February 28th, 2024, 12:37
I was able to identify the issues and it should be fixed in the next release. If you're in the Test channel, a new build is expected to be released today or tomorrow. A new release to the Live channel should be early March.

Thanks that's great news! ... and quick.
Did you observe the stamp markers showing up when zooming as well (item (2))?

Select Advanced at the bottom and you should be able to attach an image. There's issues with doing it as a quick reply.

I was using Go Advanced. After the Captcha-like check I get an error saying "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing...".
Thanks for the suggestion though.

pindercarl
February 28th, 2024, 13:06
Thanks that's great news! ... and quick.
Did you observe the stamp markers showing up when zooming as well (item (2))?.

Yes, the markers are fixed as well.

Steeleyes
February 28th, 2024, 13:33
Yes, the markers are fixed as well.

Even better.

LordEntrails
February 28th, 2024, 16:29
I was using Go Advanced. After the Captcha-like check I get an error saying "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing...".
Thanks for the suggestion though.
Tech support is aware, I submitted a ticket on this exact issue. It was solved for a bit, but has come back, so something in CloudFlare or somewhere else is adapting and causing problems.