PDA

View Full Version : Disable Dice

wootersl
March 5th, 2008, 03:37
Is there a way to disable players from being able to roll dice unless the GM allows it? Like a hotkey function that could be setup? I have a player who gets dice happy and likes to occasionally roll 20d20 just for giggles. So I thought if I could disable his dice rolling privliges until it was necessary for him to roll.

jthm0138
March 5th, 2008, 03:44
he is in your game too?

Oberoten
March 5th, 2008, 08:06
And this is why we need the "Kick" and "Ban" functions.

wootersl
March 5th, 2008, 13:12
Well, I don't really want to kick or ban him. He just thinks it's funny. And the first 99 times it is. I mean I'm probably going to start docking XP to give him the hint. But, if there was some way to disable dice rolling that would make for a cool function. Even if someone gave me a clue of where to start looking to do that I'd do the work myself.

joshuha
March 5th, 2008, 13:54
There isn't really.

You could right some DB nodes that tracked an on/off for each player that could be toggled by the GM. Then the player client would check these for every roll and if its on then not output anything with a dielist it into the chatWindow. However, there is no way to stop the graphics from being shared with everyone so they would still see 30d20s hit the chat box just not see any output in the chat.