PDA

View Full Version : Legends Magazine

Foen
March 3rd, 2008, 22:23
Just in case you guys don't get out much, I thought I'd bring a new mag to your attention!

The Legends Guild (www.legendsguild.co.uk) has been publishing a monthly mag since the beginning of this year, celebrating RPG stuff. Though mostly MMO-based, Legends is a roleplaying guild rather than a power-levelling one, and the mag has some FG content as well (we have two active FG groups running at any one time).

https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i253/Cypharia/Album%202/coverthumbmar2008c.jpg

You can find the mag at here (https://www.legendsguild.co.uk/DDO/Custom3/Modules/MyPage/MyPage.asp?title=Comics&tab=2&mname=Cyph).

Cypharia has done a great job on the graphics/layout and there are some interesting interviews with gaming giants too.

Cheers

Stuart

Stuart
March 3rd, 2008, 22:29
Yeps ... when I had time to play DDO, they were about the only Guild I joined that were genuinely fun to play with and as Foen says, did not focus on power-levelling.

I think my wife also had a couple of characters that sometimes encountered them ... a good bunch of people.

Foen
March 3rd, 2008, 22:42
I just have to add that Legends, and a particular member (Fade), is responsible for introducing me to FG in the first place. So now you know who to blame for my plague on these boards!

Stuart

Dwelian
March 3rd, 2008, 22:54
I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am with your magazine. Please pass my compliments along to all those involved.

Stuart
March 3rd, 2008, 23:20
I just have to add that Legends, and a particular member (Fade), is responsible for introducing me to FG in the first place. So now you know who to blame for my plague on these boards!

Stuart

I'm assuming Fade will be playing FG once we have the Rolemaster ruleset done and I restart the MERP game we began.:D

Fade
March 4th, 2008, 07:18
It's true, it seems my incessant hounding of Foen and the other Legends to delve into Fantasy Grounds sort of got the ball rolling, but it was the fact that we had so many people with DM experience, and with their own worlds, and dedication to developing rulesets for the client that Legends has two campaigns on the go at the moment. In reality, I just give Foen a slight push, he's our FG guru now and is one of our star DM's.

It was the endless possiblities I spied when participating in Stuarts Qabbal campaign that fired up my enthusiasm which I subsequently passed onto those in Legends. A testament to his DM'ing skills.

And Stuart, if I can eek out the time in the future, I would love to have another stab at MERP using the Rolemaster ruleset, the only time when my archery felt truly epic from the off. :)

Oberoten
March 4th, 2008, 07:54
All Hail Fade that has given us the Foen to carry us all to victory.

Stuart
March 4th, 2008, 11:56
And Stuart, if I can eek out the time in the future, I would love to have another stab at MERP using the Rolemaster ruleset, the only time when my archery felt truly epic from the off. :)

Gotta love those Critical Tables .... :D