PDA

View Full Version : Handling Extras in SW

Tokuriku
March 2nd, 2008, 14:13
The question is simple;
How do you handle groups of extras going at the same initiative?

One of the features that makes SW so fast is the fact that you can handle bunches of extras at the same time using a bunch of dice.
Does somebody has a way to do it in FGII.
I own the SW ruleset and I must say I'm impressed by it. But I can't seem to find a way to put my npcs (extras) in the combat tracker and link them all to the same initiative effectively.
Any help would be appreciated :)

pjrake
March 2nd, 2008, 16:35
i think it's gonna be featured in the new patch that's coming out.

but for now, i have the NPC's written down on paper and on the combat tracker just list the name (example: orcs, goblins, etc.). if any of them are shaken, i turn the token sideways.. and of course they don't have any wounds so that makes it easy: just delete the token when killed.

Sgain
March 2nd, 2008, 16:38
I group them mentally, that is; I use one NPC on the tracker and put out tokens for each actual NPC, when it comes time for the NPC to act I start with on of the tokens then 'count around' trhough the others by just rolling for them. When they are shaken I turn the token 90 degrees to the right. When killed I either flip them upside down or remove them. Its still pretty fast. I can even group dissimilar NPC's that way.

It would be great if the tracker allowed the DM to drop multiples of the same token on the map, or would allow us to actually list them on the tracker (other than the very basic way it does now), so I've found my quickie system to be the best work around.

joshuha
March 2nd, 2008, 17:04
Its coming in a patch to the ruleset and it works pretty slick there. The combat tracker portion is pretty much done.

I have some work to do on improving the NPC sheets and some graphics touch-ups and it should be ready after that.

Kalan
March 10th, 2008, 15:04
Its coming in a patch to the ruleset and it works pretty slick there. The combat tracker portion is pretty much done.

I have some work to do on improving the NPC sheets and some graphics touch-ups and it should be ready after that.

I have to just pipe in here quick...I have the patch and testing as we speak...

And man oh man...it is gonna be slick for Extras and any kind of CT work.

Hopefully more to come in the next week or so once I have a real chance to sit down and take some screenshots and make some notes on it all.