PDA

View Full Version : Stuff not copyable ?

Jimlock
February 4th, 2024, 10:46
Hello,

I would like to modify, in Tomb of Annihilation, the NPC of Appendix D (Albino dwarves, for example), but I don't know how I can copy them.
What category of stuff is it ? NPC ? Images ? other ?

Thanks for help

Zacchaeus
February 4th, 2024, 11:14
OPen the list of NPCs and find the one you want to copy from the NPCs-Tomb of Annihilation group. The drag the link icon (the icon on the left of the name) and drop it back down into the list. This will create a copy of the NPC which you can then edit.

Jimlock
February 4th, 2024, 11:47
I know how to copy NPC.

See attached file for the stuff I want to copy.

damned
February 4th, 2024, 11:57
Top right hand corner of your image?

Jimlock
February 4th, 2024, 12:06
It is written 'Copy Record Content' but I don't know where to paste.

Zacchaeus
February 4th, 2024, 12:06
I know how to copy NPC.

See attached file for the stuff I want to copy.

It depends on what you want to copy to. If you want to copy to a new builder page then click on the Builder button at the bottom of the module activation page and create a new page. Then use the copy button as pointed out by damned on the page you want to copy. Then use the paste button on the page you created in step one. If you want to copy into a story entry then again create a new story entry and right click on it and select paste after using the copy button on the page you want to copy. You can also just select whatever text you want to copy and then press CTRL+C to copy and then CTRL+V to paste into whatever you want to copy it into.

Jimlock
February 4th, 2024, 12:29
Thanks a lot ! Indeed !

Shamis151
March 24th, 2024, 19:00
This didn't work for me. I created a new story, click copy content on the old story, then hit clipboard and paste in the new story but nothing happens.

Zacchaeus
March 25th, 2024, 00:40
This didn't work for me. I created a new story, click copy content on the old story, then hit clipboard and paste in the new story but nothing happens.
Did you select the text that you wanted to copy?

Shamis151
March 25th, 2024, 16:09
Did you select the text that you wanted to copy?

It wouldn't let me. It's locked as read only and wouldn't let me highlight any text at all.

Moon Wizard
March 25th, 2024, 17:10
You can drag and drop the record in the same campaign list to make a local campaign fully editable copy of the record.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 25th, 2024, 17:18
Also, in my picture attached, you can see that there is a lock entry in both the book section as well as the individual record window from the Tomb of Annihilation module. Can you see the locks in your version of those windows?

Once unlocked, you should be able to copy/paste content from any text section using Control+C and Control+V.

The copy/paste buttons at the top are a special button to copy the all the column content from one "advanced" Story record to another "advanced" Story record. (You can also drag and drop in the Story records campaign list to copy as well, as noted in previous post). These buttons do not interact with the clipboard.

Regards,
JPG

Shamis151
March 26th, 2024, 12:52
Also, in my picture attached, you can see that there is a lock entry in both the book section as well as the individual record window from the Tomb of Annihilation module. Can you see the locks in your version of those windows?

Once unlocked, you should be able to copy/paste content from any text section using Control+C and Control+V.

The copy/paste buttons at the top are a special button to copy the all the column content from one "advanced" Story record to another "advanced" Story record. (You can also drag and drop in the Story records campaign list to copy as well, as noted in previous post). These buttons do not interact with the clipboard.

Regards,
JPG

I tried dragging and dropping to make a new copy but it won't do it. I've done that before but for some reason it's not doing it now.

Zacchaeus
March 26th, 2024, 13:47
I tried dragging and dropping to make a new copy but it won't do it. I've done that before but for some reason it's not doing it now.

What is it you are trying to drag and drop?

If you want to make edits to the Albino Dwarves entry in ToA then open the page in the Tomb of Annihilation book and then simply unlock the page and you will be able to edit it. If you want to make a copy of that page then start a new book by clicking on the books menu and then on the campaign button and create a new page. Open the Albino Dwarf page in ToA; click on the copy contents button at the top right of the page and then click on paste contents button on the new page you just created

Shamis151
March 26th, 2024, 16:08
I'm sorry I should have mentioned I'm trying to do this in Legacy of the Crystal Shard. I'm trying to copy the Bryn Shander story block to edit or copy from it. I've attached a screenshot.

LordEntrails
March 26th, 2024, 16:30
I'm sorry I should have mentioned I'm trying to do this in Legacy of the Crystal Shard. I'm trying to copy the Bryn Shander story block to edit or copy from it. I've attached a screenshot.
What happens when you click the unlock icon?
What happens when in the story list you grab the left icon (drag handle) and drag it down below the lower story entry?

Shamis151
March 26th, 2024, 16:41
What happens when you click the unlock icon?: Nothing

What happens when in the story list you grab the left icon (drag handle) and drag it down below the lower story entry? Nothing

I can drag and drop NPC's just not the story.

Trenloe
March 26th, 2024, 16:41
Thanks for providing this example. It appears that locked Story (Advanced) records can't be copied - either by using the "Copy Record Contents" button, nor by using the traditional drag/drop method. Hopefully the devs can use this example and investigate what isn't working as per design.

Shamis151
March 26th, 2024, 17:00
Understood. Thanks everyone for taking a look at this.