PDA

View Full Version : Abilities that grant a choice of Abilities

wndrngdru
February 3rd, 2024, 00:13
There are at least a couple of Abilities that give you a list of Abilities to choose from, e.g., Blessing of the Gods.

How hard would it be to add a new Feature to the Other tab of the Ability window that would essentially work like Foci or Type? Meaning, drag a list of Abilities to it and give a number of how many the player may choose. I suppose for maximum flexibility having the checks for automatically giving 1 or more would be cool too, i.e., you get A, plus you also choose one of B, C, or D.

Saagael
March 11th, 2024, 16:58
There are at least a couple of Abilities that give you a list of Abilities to choose from, e.g., Blessing of the Gods.

How hard would it be to add a new Feature to the Other tab of the Ability window that would essentially work like Foci or Type? Meaning, drag a list of Abilities to it and give a number of how many the player may choose. I suppose for maximum flexibility having the checks for automatically giving 1 or more would be cool too, i.e., you get A, plus you also choose one of B, C, or D.

This is technically possible, but it will take some time to do right. The more branching choices that are added in this way increase complexity exponentially, and it's already pretty complex. I'll look at it though.