PDA

View Full Version : A Follow-up Question From My Video Card Problems

pjrake
March 1st, 2008, 14:14
since it looks like to increase the resolution of my computer comes from the flat screen monitor and not the video card, what monitor would you recommend would go well for playing FG2 (especially as a GM since there's so many windows opened at the same time).

right now i have 1440 x 900. i'm using a 17" laptop with awesome resolution! (1920 x 1200) but the mic and headphone jack doesn't work (we use skype when gaming) and all the server characters, images, ect are already on the desktop computer.

what do you guys recommend and what are you currently using (in terms of rez size).

-PJ

Malovech
March 1st, 2008, 15:29
since it looks like to increase the resolution of my computer comes from the flat screen monitor and not the video card, what monitor would you recommend would go well for playing FG2 (especially as a GM since there's so many windows opened at the same time).

right now i have 1440 x 900. i'm using a 17" laptop with awesome resolution! (1920 x 1200) but the mic and headphone jack doesn't work (we use skype when gaming) and all the server characters, images, ect are already on the desktop computer.

what do you guys recommend and what are you currently using (in terms of rez size).

-PJ

If you are GM-ing the bigger the better. I would presonally be grabbing something like this (https://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=24159&vpn=LS24HUBCBQ/XAA&manufacture=Samsung).

If you are just using the Player license, then I would say anything that could pull off at least 1280x1024.

Sorontar
March 1st, 2008, 18:07
Personally I use the Matrox triplehead2go which I bought for playing the MMO EVE, but it doesn't half make playing FG great.

I've got 3x19" monitors and 3840x1024 to play with, lovely :D

pjrake
March 1st, 2008, 18:36
Personally I use the Matrox triplehead2go which I bought for playing the MMO EVE, but it doesn't half make playing FG great.

I've got 3x19" monitors and 3840x1024 to play with, lovely :D

dude, that is sick! i saw went to the website (matrox.com) and your setup is freaking' awesome! i'm so jealous! lol

i'm sure that makes playing FG even more enjoyable! you gotta post some pics of your setup, man; i would love to see your gaming area :)

-PJ

Foen
March 2nd, 2008, 22:38
I GM on a Dell 21" flat screen, which has a natural resolution of 1600x1200 and that works fine. As a GM, I could always do with more space, but this is a very workable resolution.

Stuart

Griogre
March 3rd, 2008, 01:01
I use a pair of 19 inch monitors. Two 19's are often cheaper than a 21 and many video cards have two monitor outs these days. I have ViewSonic VX922 which is nice and use 1280 x 1024