PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5E: Druid of the Circle of the Moon not leveled up correctly if using Tasha's

Lo Zeno
January 29th, 2024, 09:43
I wasn't sure if it was better to report it here or in the 5E bug threads, since it's not just a missing picture or a typo in one of the modules.

On a new 5E campaign, no extensions loaded, only Player's Handbook and Tasha's Cauldron of Everything loaded:
I'm trying to create a level 4 Druid character, using drag-and-drop: if I drag the Druid class from the Player's Handbook, when at level 2 I select the Circle of the Moon as the subclass, it correctly adds the Circle Forms and Combat Wild Shapes features to the character (inside the Abilities tab, under Features), but it's then missing the Additional Druid Spells (Options) and Wild Companions (Options) features from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything.

If instead I drag and drop the Druid class from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, it adds the two additional options, but once I select the subclass (Circle of the Moon) it does not add the sublcass features (Circle Forms and Combat Wild Shapes).
l
Whle I can understand lacking the options from TCOE when using the PHB class, using the class from TCOE shouldn't prevents the subclass abilities from the Circle of the Moon from being added automatically.

In the picture below: on the left, Druid created using the class from PHB, on the right druid created using the class from TCOE:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59778&stc=1&d=1706521209

superteddy57
January 30th, 2024, 03:10
Thanks for the report. We'll look this over and see where it's failing.

Moon Wizard
January 31st, 2024, 19:33
Just pushed an update that should address this for the short term. As you noted, the Tasha's options will only be available if you start with the Tasha version of the class; but the specializations should now work across books.

Regards,
JPG

Lo Zeno
January 31st, 2024, 23:43
Brilliant!