PDA

View Full Version : Shrouded in Fog?

GM BK
January 28th, 2024, 00:03
I'm working on a one shot for Deadlands and it is set in a ghost town. For extra added spookiness, the town is shrouded in fog. What would be the best way to set this up so that it works kind of like the lighting does, only allowing the players to see so far? There are buildings on the streets and other landmarks, like a well for example, and some trees and such.

pindercarl
January 28th, 2024, 00:08
I'm working on a one shot for Deadlands and it is set in a ghost town. For extra added spookiness, the town is shrouded in fog. What would be the best way to set this up so that it works kind of like the lighting does, only allowing the players to see so far? There are buildings on the streets and other landmarks, like a well for example, and some trees and such.

You can use the VISMAX setting to limit the vision range of a character. See: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1315930113/Player+and+NPC+Token+Vision+on+Maps

GM BK
January 28th, 2024, 00:33
You can use the VISMAX setting to limit the vision range of a character. See: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1315930113/Player+and+NPC+Token+Vision+on+Maps

Great! Someone else suggested this to me as well, so it must be the way :) Thanks!

My next question is, would this have any effect on the way the lighting works inside buildings? I'm thinking it would if the building is bigger than the range of their vision, but this is literally my first time setting this stuff up.

pindercarl
January 28th, 2024, 00:54
Great! Someone else suggested this to me as well, so it must be the way :) Thanks!

My next question is, would this have any effect on the way the lighting works inside buildings? I'm thinking it would if the building is bigger than the range of their vision, but this is literally my first time setting this stuff up.

VISMAX limits all vision. So, if the VISMAX is set to 50' the player will not see something 60' away regardless of the lighting. The player will see any lighting that spills into the 50' range.

GM BK
January 28th, 2024, 04:19
VISMAX limits all vision. So, if the VISMAX is set to 50' the player will not see something 60' away regardless of the lighting. The player will see any lighting that spills into the 50' range.

Thanks for the clarification!