PDA

View Full Version : Missing subrace

chauelnahile
January 19th, 2024, 17:13
Hello, I have had some issues when creating a wizard.
After choosing the elf race, all subraces appear. However, if I click to find out more about the eladrin subrace, an empty page appears.
Also if I select this subclass when creating a wizard, it doesn't give me the eladrin feats. I don't know if it's a bug or some other mistake of mine, please help.
All this said, this subrace does appear with its respective information in the "D&D Dungeon Master's Guide - Players".

Laerun
January 19th, 2024, 17:32
Hello, I have had some issues when creating a wizard.
After choosing the elf race, all subraces appear. However, if I click to find out more about the eladrin subrace, an empty page appears.
Also if I select this subclass when creating a wizard, it doesn't give me the eladrin feats. I don't know if it's a bug or some other mistake of mine, please help.
All this said, this subrace does appear with its respective information in the "D&D Dungeon Master's Guide - Players".

Did you have the book loaded and activated prior to starting the character wizard, or did you activate it when you were already building your Eladrin character?

superteddy57
January 19th, 2024, 17:33
A fix will be provided with the next 5E ruleset update.

Zacchaeus
January 19th, 2024, 17:36
I suspect this is because the subrace is called Eladrin (DMG). I did this to distinguish it from the subrace that appeared in a later book because it was causing all sorts of issues. You may want to create the character using drag and drop - unless you have the other book that the Eladrin appears in (I think Mordenkained); in which case close the DMG version since it has been superseded.

Edit: Beaten to it by Superteddy

superteddy57
January 19th, 2024, 17:42
Correct it was related to the (DMG) within the name. I found a quick solution that shouldn't affect other subraces and make it set the link to the record.

chauelnahile
January 19th, 2024, 18:07
Thank you all so much for your help!!!
I didn't realize that the eladrin existed as a separate race, I'm going to be using that for character creation. Again, thank you very much.