PDA

View Full Version : Gm Dice hidden and dice tower function

MartianXi
January 17th, 2024, 15:38
5e ruleset... with dice tower ON and show GM rolls to players ON in setup.

I recently bought the blood dice pack and have used a few of them as the default damage dice for slashing, piercing and bludgeoning in my game.

I feel it adds a little extra to the stakes when the players see swirling claws and blood flying as they take damage but I'm looking for a way to separate the GM roll types that are hidden or visible. (Damage rolls vs attack rolls/saves etc..)
The dice tower should be the way to do this but I can't target anything when I drag an attack roll die from an NPC to the dice tower, losing the built-in automation. By default otherwise if I double click on an attack from the CT or drag to a token on a map the players see the attack roll.

Does anyone know of way to make this work or do I just need to go back to hiding all GM rolls?

Zacchaeus
January 17th, 2024, 15:48
You can't roll attack and damage rolls via the Dice Tower. You can only do saving throws, skill checks etc via the dice tower. You can hide dice rolls from tables and in the Party Sheet by clicking the eye icon before making the rolls.

So, to answer your question if you want to hide DM attack and damage rolls you'll need to switch show DM rolls off.

Trenloe
January 17th, 2024, 17:53
You could drag the Show/Hide GM roll options (one for "on" and one for "off") to the hotkey bar and enable/disable before you do rolls. It'll be a bit of a faff, and you'll need to remember to set the desired option before rolling, but if you can use the F keys to switch fairly quickly.

MarvinXi
January 17th, 2024, 22:25
Thanks… I had assumed those were the only options but you never know if someone has a fancy extension I haven’t heard of…