PDA

View Full Version : A Game of Thrones?

mcgarnagle
February 28th, 2008, 00:33
I just recently got into George R.R. Martin's books A Song of Fire and Ice. I got a hold of the rule book for the RPG which shares it's name with the first book's title A Game of Thrones. I am loving the novels and I'm really liking what I'm seeing in the RPG book. Is there anyone out there who is running, or is willing to run a campaign for this setting?

I'm more interested in a game that has more "role-playing" than "roll-playing" in it. I'm thinking about 70% role-playing and 30% combat? I'm free on Sundays between 2PM and 10PM -6GMT time. If anyone is interested in taking the helm and having me on as a player, I'd be estatic!

kyxmma
February 29th, 2008, 03:01
Nice to see someone that is more worried about roleplaying then "rollplaying". There is not that many of us out there:-(.

Lysander
March 2nd, 2008, 04:53
There is actually a 'Game of Thrones' entry on the Game Calender, but it's been there quite awhile. Game crashed and burned I guess... :(

mcgarnagle
March 2nd, 2008, 18:40
Yeah, I did see that game there, but I figured the same as you. It's too bad, since I think it would be pretty fun to play in that setting.

libertad
July 16th, 2008, 01:12
I also love GRRM's books and have been waiting for the masses to get behind the new Green Ronin game coming out in October... but I dont see alot of action on these boards in anticipation for its release.

If anyone is interested in hosting, I would be a willing particpant... unfortunatly, I am too new to the Fantasy Grounds program to know how to even host such a game on my own.

Anyone interested in playing a bit of the Song of Fire and Ice quickstart that was released a short while ago?

Lysander
July 16th, 2008, 03:21
If you're a Savage Worlds fan, there is a conversion to that system from Song of Fire and Ice... I have it on a PDF somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where I found it. If there is interest, let me know and i'll do some snooping around...

Foen
July 16th, 2008, 05:55
You might want to take a look at this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7270) which also discusses Song of Fire and Ice, towards the end.

Foen

Orpheus
July 21st, 2008, 03:56
I also love GRRM's books and have been waiting for the masses to get behind the new Green Ronin game coming out in October... but I dont see alot of action on these boards in anticipation for its release.

If anyone is interested in hosting, I would be a willing particpant... unfortunatly, I am too new to the Fantasy Grounds program to know how to even host such a game on my own.

Anyone interested in playing a bit of the Song of Fire and Ice quickstart that was released a short while ago?
I am looking forward to it, especially after having just finished Game of Thrones a few weeks ago. Killer book, and I don't really dig too many fantasy novels despite my absolute love for the setting for roleplaying. I did get a copy of the quickstart rules in pdf form. I like the fact that they stuck with a d6-based system for this. Lately I've grown fond of the sixer's use in rpging. I think that it's because of that Space: 1889 book sitting on my shelf next to the old Star Wars stuff.:o I wouldn't mind trying it out at some point. I'll have to wait for a clearing in my gaming calendar for a regular game, but a nice one shot would be fun.:D