PDA

View Full Version : LFG GMT-8 After 6PM any day. OSR, 2e,3e, 5e Traveller, DCC, Call of Cthulhu, Swade

TheFastEddy
January 13th, 2024, 02:47
Hi;
I'd like to play. I'm interested in Sci-Fi and Fantasy. OSR is most appealing to me as I like the simplicity and speed. I've never played Traveller, but I've read through the rules and would be very exited to play. I've played AD&D 30 years ago (OK maybe 40...) and played 1 game of 4e and went to Pathfinder and am familiar with those rules, but have not played. I have also familiarized myself with Castles and Crusades (which I am most interested in at the moment) and Old School Essentials which I think might be the best system overall (If I were to homebrew I would probably do C&C and OSE mix with a wee bit of 5e). I am familiar with 5e too though I've never played. I'd also be interested in Savage Worlds, I've read through the rules and find the concept attractive, again Sci-Fi and Fantasy would be most interested in. Savage Pathfinder looks interesting. Call of Cthulhu also looks interesting, I've read most of the way through the 7e rulebook and have never played.
I'm not fussy, except that I'm not interested in long arguments on rules or games focused on Min/Maxing characters with super hero abilities. I'm not a fan of feats and skills as I believe that they actually reduce the game to defined moves and lessen the creativity of the players and add complexity that makes the game slow. That said I would still play without complaint! If that is what the players want, I believe that players should be striving to make the game flow, and to that end not make a lot of demands, especially once playing. I'm also not interested in modern day politics, wokeness of any sort, or hateful or gratuitous sexual themes while unafraid to discuss just about anything.
So I'm open to just about any kind of RPG.
I live on the West Coast of North America so I'm often not available until after 6 which would be 10 PM on the eat coast. I also am travelling to work so I might be available (less reliably) earlier since I don't always work 10 hour days or I am at home not working at all.