PDA

View Full Version : 5E Bug Reports (2024)

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2024, 09:00
Time to retire the old thread again. Everything in that one has been noted or already fixed.

Please report bugs that you find in any 5e modules (adventures, reference modules etc) in this thread. It doesn't matter if you are seeing the bug in Classic or Unity report them in this thread. Report bugs which are specific to the Unity client or to the 5e ruleset here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Healing-Unity (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?107-The-House-of-Healing-Unity)

When reporting give as much information as possible as to where to find the issue.

Swissman65
January 15th, 2024, 16:19
First! hehe :P

hello, I found some bugs in "Baldur's gate: Descent into avernus"

Rat -> missing image itself
Flowchart-Four -> both links for the "path of demons" and "path of devils" are broken

Reference Manual:
Appendix B - Repairs -> unwanted text "###Crashing" (just before the title "Crashing")
Chapter 2 - High Hall - H16. Main Crypts -> unwanted text in chat box ("Read the following as the characters enter this area:")

Zacchaeus
January 15th, 2024, 20:38
Thanks, noted for fixing.

Myrdin Potter
January 18th, 2024, 21:15
Map in Phandelver Shattered Obelisk - Wave Echo Cave W6 has only walls and no doors.

Zacchaeus
January 18th, 2024, 21:24
Map in Phandelver Shattered Obelisk - Wave Echo Cave W6 has only walls and no doors.

Maybe it's secret room :)

I'll add that to my list; thanks for the report.

ColoradoGM
January 22nd, 2024, 08:43
Kobold Press, Tome of Beasts 2 and Tome of Beasts Lairs 2
The Far Dorocha npc is missing its Attacks section. Discovered this while running Towers of the Three Regents from the latter book.

Zacchaeus
January 22nd, 2024, 12:39
Thanks I'll alert the developer.

indavis
January 23rd, 2024, 16:01
This almost sounds too petty to report, but here goes. There's a space in the word artifact in the DM Guide Table: Artifacts Major Beneficial Properties.

91-100 "While attuned to the ar tifact, you can't be blinded, deafened, petrified, or stunned."

Zacchaeus
January 23rd, 2024, 16:19
I'll still sort it :)

Ecks
January 28th, 2024, 18:38
Rime of the Frostmaiden:
Ch 2 > Jarlmoot > J2. Hall of Braziers: The image for Giant Runes doesn't show

Zacchaeus
January 28th, 2024, 18:43
Developer alerted.

superteddy57
January 28th, 2024, 19:04
Rime of the Frostmaiden:
Ch 2 > Jarlmoot > J2. Hall of Braziers: The image for Giant Runes doesn't show

Thanks for the report. I'll look at this on Monday

The_Great_DM
January 28th, 2024, 20:54
Candlekeep Mysteries > Shemshime'S Bedtime Rhyme> Map: PlayersFirefly> F6 (Bottom Floor Hallway) their is no wall at the end of the stairs so players can wander off the map into the nothingness.

Candlekeep Mysteries > The Price of Beauty > Map: PlayersTemple > T7 (Treatment rooms) The southern Room is missing the wall below the door.

Zacchaeus
January 28th, 2024, 21:08
Thanks; I'll get those fixed soon.

Patou
February 1st, 2024, 01:54
edited.. i was incorrect.. sorry

tslewis123
February 1st, 2024, 07:32
A few of the hindrances for the pregenerated characters in the Deadlands: The Weird West Archetypes modules have capital letters in places they don't belong. The Mad Scientist from set 1's Bad Eyes hindrance is spelled "Bad EyEs", the Bounty Hunter from set 2's Arrogant hindrance is spelled "ArrogAnt", and the Cowgirl from set 2's Overconfident hindrance is spelled "OvercOnfident". The typos are only in the modules, not the character sheets.

Zacchaeus
February 1st, 2024, 12:42
A few of the hindrances for the pregenerated characters in the Deadlands: The Weird West Archetypes modules have capital letters in places they don't belong. The Mad Scientist from set 1's Bad Eyes hindrance is spelled "Bad EyEs", the Bounty Hunter from set 2's Arrogant hindrance is spelled "ArrogAnt", and the Cowgirl from set 2's Overconfident hindrance is spelled "OvercOnfident". The typos are only in the modules, not the character sheets.

I can't find this in the store; can you send me a link (also this sounds like Savagae Worlds rather than 5e).

nephranka
February 6th, 2024, 11:40
Necropolis -> Chapter 8 -> Aspect of Rahotep -> Languages are a dupe of senses

Zacchaeus
February 6th, 2024, 14:04
Thanks, I'll make sure the developer gets to know.

tslewis123
February 8th, 2024, 21:51
I don't know if this belongs here or not, but I noticed that the half-orc entry in both the Player's Handbook and the races tab say that half-orcs usually weigh "between 1B0 and 250 pounds" I get that the 1B0 is supposed to be 180, but it still should be fixed. Also, the the heading for the "Scarred and Strong" segment of the half orc page in the races tab says "Scarred and String". I've included an image with the typos highlighted to show you what I mean.

MOD: Merged with 5E bug report thread as it's related to module content.

Zacchaeus
February 8th, 2024, 22:02
I don't know if this belongs here or not, but I noticed that the half-orc entry in both the Player's Handbook and the races tab say that half-orcs usually weigh "between 1B0 and 250 pounds" I get that the 1B0 is supposed to be 180, but it still should be fixed. Also, the the heading for the "Scarred and Strong" segment of the half orc page in the races tab says "Scarred and String". I've included an image with the typos highlighted to show you what I mean.

MOD: Merged with 5E bug report thread as it's related to module content.

Gosh, that's been around for a while. I'll get that fixed soon.

TheFury
February 15th, 2024, 17:52
Hey all, I just opened my campaign Waterdeep Dragon Heist and noticed my map image records are missing an image now -- notably the Waterdeep City map (and the individual sections) for players are missing. Not sure if other images are missing as well.

Zacchaeus
February 15th, 2024, 19:33
Hey all, I just opened my campaign Waterdeep Dragon Heist and noticed my map image records are missing an image now -- notably the Waterdeep City map (and the individual sections) for players are missing. Not sure if other images are missing as well.

Right click on the image name in the image list and select revert changes. The images have changed from .jpg to .wepb. If you have made a lot of changes to any image and want to keep those changes then you can open the Waterdeep Dragon Heist.xml file in the moduledb folder and search for .jpg and replace with .wepb where appropriate. Make sure that you back up the moduledb folder before you make any such changes so that if you make a mistake you can get the original back.

Grievence
February 18th, 2024, 02:51
Greetings,

Seems I've maybe, possibly run across a bug in the PHB module for multiclassing.

Modules activated/loaded: D&D 5e PHB, D&D 5e DMG, D&D 5e DMG - Players

Have a level 1 half-elf bard and doing a 1 level dip into rogue at character level 2. When I get to the new proficiencies page, there is no drop-down field to select the single skill proficiency you're supposed to get per the table on PHB for multiclassing into Rogue (light armor, 1 new skill proficiency from rogue skill list, thieves' tools proficiency). Reached over and pulled out my physical PHB from the shelf and on page 164 the table does list it, just as the 5e SRD does online.

Is or was there some errata regarding this that I'm unaware of?

Tried attaching screenshots but got some message about missing tokens (and to contact admin here on the forums).

let's try this for the screenshots...

https://ibb.co/VLYLxzP
https://ibb.co/vcNM0hz
https://ibb.co/868kyPc

Thanks, Grievence

superteddy57
February 18th, 2024, 02:55
I would say a bug. I'll look it over and see if the feature is considering the skill proficiency.

rgressis
February 19th, 2024, 02:02
I bought this today and was prepping it to run it, but, boy, does it have a lot of bugs. I'm sure this is far from a complete list, but here's what I found so far:

On the page entitled "New Player Options", it offers four additional subclasses: Battle Domain Clerics; Chaos Domain Clerics; Way of the Dawning Sun Monks; and Darkguard Paladins. If you click on the hotlink next to any of these four options, you're given the message, "Attempt to open link(s) for modules not installed."

On the page entitled, "Player Beginning", the GM is instructed, "Now, show player handout 1. This is a page from a book in the monastery, showing the shards of True Death." You then see a hotlink to "Player Handout 01". When you click on that link, a picture of a door pops up, not a page from a book.

On the page entitled, "Introduction", there are links to two maps: "DM's B&W Map Level 1 - Halls of Sorrow" and "DM's Color Map Level-1-The-Hall-of-Sorrow". When you click on the first link, you're not shown a map, but rather a picture of sword on a stone floor. When you click the second link, you're shown a picture of two hags rather than a map.

On the page entitled, "General Features", you're offered another link to the map of level 1, but, again, it just routes you to a picture of the two hags.

On the page entitled, "Area 1 - The Maw", there's a link to Player Handout 02, but when you click on it, it takes you to player handout 45.

And so on. The whole module is unusably messed up.

Zacchaeus
February 19th, 2024, 09:42
Welcome to the forums @rgressis

Thanks for the report. I'll see that the developer is informed.

rocketvaultgames
February 19th, 2024, 21:52
Parts of the transparent image of Raggadragga from Descent into Avernus that should be transparent are not transparent:

Edit: I can't get images to upload here for some reason... And Princeps-Kovik image from DiA is even worse.

Zacchaeus
February 19th, 2024, 23:03
Parts of the transparent image of Raggadragga from Descent into Avernus that should be transparent are not transparent:

Edit: I can't get images to upload here for some reason... And Princeps-Kovik image from DiA is even worse.

I'll see if I can make Ragga better; I might have to go back to the original image from Wotc and make a new one. I can't find Princeps Kovik in Descent into Avernus.

rocketvaultgames
February 19th, 2024, 23:13
I'll see if I can make Ragga better; I might have to go back to the original image from Wotc and make a new one. I can't find Princeps Kovik in Descent into Avernus.

The image is called "Princeps-Kovik" in NPCs - "D&D Baldur's Gate Descent into Avernus"

Thanks!

WindrunnerCGG
February 20th, 2024, 05:15
I apologize that this has happened and will jump on fixing it asap. This has been out for a while without these issues, and we likely introduced the bug with our last patch. Again, we are sorry and will get out another patch soon.

Sincerely,
Garner Andrews
Chaotic Good Gaming

Zacchaeus
February 20th, 2024, 08:59
The image is called "Princeps-Kovik" in NPCs - "D&D Baldur's Gate Descent into Avernus"

Thanks!

Found it - not sure why I couldn't find it last night. At any rate this one is too complex to fix so I've replaced the image entirely. This and Ragga are fixed and should get updated soon.

DrakePD
February 20th, 2024, 12:14
(The Crypt of the Devil Lich) The module was recently unlocked, and I believe this is where some of the errors must have popped up. Before it was unlocked all the handout links were working correctly. I am glad someone else posted, cause I thought my copy was broken cause of me. haha

rocketvaultgames
February 21st, 2024, 18:25
The image for The Kraken is missing from MCDM - Flee Mortals Reference Manual.

Zacchaeus
February 21st, 2024, 18:44
Thanks I'll see that the developer is informed.

Ecks
February 22nd, 2024, 02:31
5E Player's Handbook
Race > Dragonborn > Other > Age: "Live to be around 8O." Looks like an "O" in 80 instead of a zero.

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2024, 08:50
5E Player's Handbook
Race > Dragonborn > Other > Age: "Live to be around 8O." Looks like an "O" in 80 instead of a zero.

Noted, thanks.

Lazybones1969
February 22nd, 2024, 16:38
I have been playing Storm Lord's Wrath (the first add-on to the Dragon of Icespire Peak Essentials Kit adventure) and have noticed a few minor errors.

Story entry 07.30: a star spawn mangler encounter is referenced in the text but not provided.
Story entry 08.00: "...the final quest: "Thunder Caves." Should be "Cliffs"
Story entry 08.20: 2 hostile flail snails are provided in the encounter, but the text says that only one joins the fight.
Story entry 09.54 4: "As a reward, the he gives..." (last paragraph before the Encounter).
Story entry 10.20: very minor typo, "Storm Lord's Wrat h"

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2024, 17:30
Thanks for the report. I'll inform the developer.

rocketvaultgames
February 22nd, 2024, 19:15
Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Vehicle - Galley - Other Tab - Errant 'j' in the word 'the':

"Galleys are long vessels that rely on sails and sizable rowing crews to move. These ships can carry siege weapons and soldiers to war or transport large amounts of cargo for merchants. No matter thje ship's purpose, the crew almost always hires extra protection, since galleys make large, cargo-rich targets for pirates."

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2024, 19:27
Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Vehicle - Galley - Other Tab - Errant 'j' in the word 'the':

"Galleys are long vessels that rely on sails and sizable rowing crews to move. These ships can carry siege weapons and soldiers to war or transport large amounts of cargo for merchants. No matter thje ship's purpose, the crew almost always hires extra protection, since galleys make large, cargo-rich targets for pirates."

Noted, thanks.

rob2e
February 23rd, 2024, 02:53
I have been playing Storm Lord's Wrath (the first add-on to the Dragon of Icespire Peak Essentials Kit adventure) and have noticed a few minor errors.

Story entry 07.30: a star spawn mangler encounter is referenced in the text but not provided.
Story entry 08.00: "...the final quest: "Thunder Caves." Should be "Cliffs"
Story entry 08.20: 2 hostile flail snails are provided in the encounter, but the text says that only one joins the fight.
Story entry 09.54 4: "As a reward, the he gives..." (last paragraph before the Encounter).
Story entry 10.20: very minor typo, "Storm Lord's Wrat h"

All addressed. Will be in next update.

rocketvaultgames
February 23rd, 2024, 17:16
Ghost of Saltmarsh - "Magical Storm Type" table just gives the types without any links to the actual effects as are shown in the D&D Beyond version (and I'd assume the printed book).

https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/gos/of-ships-and-the-sea#MagicalStorms

rocketvaultgames
February 23rd, 2024, 17:20
Ghost of Saltmarsh - "Magical Storm Type" table just gives the types without any links to the actual effects as are shown in the D&D Beyond version (and I'd assume the printed book).

Same with "Eldritch Mist Types" table... and now I'm assuming many others.

Zacchaeus
February 23rd, 2024, 17:59
There's nothing really to link to. The tables are just a convenience for the DM to make a random roll. So, for example, in the Magical Storms page the text tells the DM what happens depending on the roll result and the description (along with any encounters) are detailed below.

LordEntrails
February 23rd, 2024, 19:13

Note, unless the view/user owns Saltmarsh on DDB, the link won't take us there.
A screenshot example might be more informative.

rocketvaultgames
February 23rd, 2024, 19:58
Yeah... I guess I was expecting story records for the table entries. No big deal.

tslewis123
February 24th, 2024, 07:57
While reading the Dungeon Master's Guide, I noticed that there's a link to the Trinkets Table from the Player's Handbook. I tried clicking it, but the only thing that happened was "Attempt to open wildcard link(s) that do not match any loaded module data. Check your active Library modules." appeared in the chat window. Why is that link even there if the thing it links to isn't in the DMG?

superteddy57
February 24th, 2024, 08:19
MOD: moved to bug report thread

Zacchaeus
February 24th, 2024, 09:10
While reading the Dungeon Master's Guide, I noticed that there's a link to the Trinkets Table from the Player's Handbook. I tried clicking it, but the only thing that happened was "Attempt to open wildcard link(s) that do not match any loaded module data. Check your active Library modules." appeared in the chat window. Why is that link even there if the thing it links to isn't in the DMG?

It is an error which I will fix. Do you have a more precise position for the link (chapter, page etc)?

tslewis123
February 25th, 2024, 03:45
It's in chapter 5 under "Urban Encounters".

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2024, 08:33
It's in chapter 5 under "Urban Encounters".

Found it, thanks.

Swissman65
February 27th, 2024, 10:52
Hello, I found some bugs in "Rise of the Drow: Collector's Edition (5e)"

Encounter:
"01.1.072 Ailn Durqua" -> typo (should be Alin Durqua)

NPC:
The Hand Crossbow attack throw is broken ("." instead of ":") which applies to the following NPCs:

-Drow Acolyte
-Drow Cleric
-Drow Beastmaster
-Yoflid Gullion
-Maina Lerithar
-Sor Gullion

Map:
"Dark Wood area_map GM" -> duplicated link on top left

Zacchaeus
February 27th, 2024, 15:47
Thanks. I’ll alert the developer.

rocketvaultgames
February 27th, 2024, 20:58
Book of Fiends - Distender: Black Bile is included in the Vomit action, but should be separated like the rest.

rocketvaultgames
February 27th, 2024, 21:07
Book of Fiends - Gladiatrix - Missing Token (There is artwork in the PDF and FGU module)

Zacchaeus
February 28th, 2024, 13:02
Book of Fiends - Distender: Black Bile is included in the Vomit action, but should be separated like the rest.

Book of Fiends - Gladiatrix - Missing Token (There is artwork in the PDF and FGU module)

I'll see that the developer gets the message. Thanks for the report.

The_Great_DM
February 28th, 2024, 16:19
5e Player's Handbook-Chapter 3 Classes, Warlock- The Great Old One- Level 10 Ability "Thought Shield"
The First Sentence has an extra space in the word means.
"Starting at 10th level, your thoughts can't be read by telepathy or other m eans unless you allow it."

Zacchaeus
February 28th, 2024, 17:29
5e Player's Handbook-Chapter 3 Classes, Warlock- The Great Old One- Level 10 Ability "Thought Shield"
The First Sentence has an extra space in the word means.
"Starting at 10th level, your thoughts can't be read by telepathy or other m eans unless you allow it."

Noted, thanks.

rocketvaultgames
February 29th, 2024, 18:31
Ghosts of Saltmarsh - NPC - Harpy Matriarch - Traits - Luring Maestro - Missing the words "Luring Song" at the end of the trait's text.

Zacchaeus
February 29th, 2024, 19:51
Ghosts of Saltmarsh - NPC - Harpy Matriarch - Traits - Luring Maestro - Missing the words "Luring Song" at the end of the trait's text.

Noted, thanks.

rocketvaultgames
March 4th, 2024, 15:47
Book of Fiends - Bonedreg, Quadruped - Misspelled - "Bonefreg"

rocketvaultgames
March 4th, 2024, 16:02
Book of Fiends - Hell Horse - Claws attack is missing

Zacchaeus
March 4th, 2024, 16:09
Book of Fiends - Bonedreg, Quadruped - Misspelled - "Bonefreg"

Book of Fiends - Hell Horse - Claws attack is missing

Thanks, I'll alert the developer.

rocketvaultgames
March 4th, 2024, 17:29
Book of Fiends - Spineseeker - Wisdom saving throw bonus missing (Should be +5).

ET the Elite
March 8th, 2024, 00:04
I have 2, though one might just be me.
The Hexblade Crit on 19 doesn't have the IFT: custom (Cursed) like the damage bonus.
When fighting the Helmed Horror its ability Magic Resistance appeared to drop all spell damage to 0.

DndDeathbysnusnu
March 8th, 2024, 04:30
In 5e, tried in both my campaign and a fresh one with and without extensions. Only started after the latest patch, but things with traits (ex; Backgrounds, Races, Classes etc) are having an issue with not being able to drag the links (button not there or showing) example in pictures. This is happening with both homebrewed created within the campaign and the traits loaded from modules.60043

ET the Elite
March 8th, 2024, 11:51
I have some players playing XGE subclasses and they can't level up. The others are all fine and are using other books, but the button gives an error on the XGE players. You can still manually upgrade by draging the dragon head, so it is just the wizard.

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2024, 12:24
I have 2, though one might just be me.
The Hexblade Crit on 19 doesn't have the IFT: custom (Cursed) like the damage bonus.
When fighting the Helmed Horror its ability Magic Resistance appeared to drop all spell damage to 0.

The first would need a ruleset change since that effect was embedded into the ruleset rather than created. I think initially CRIT wasn't a targeted effect so wouldn't have work when the effect was first done.

I'm unable to reproduce the second. The Magic Resistance gives the advantage on the saving throw but the damage is being correctly calculated. If you can give me steps to reproduce I can have another look.

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2024, 12:25
I have some players playing XGE subclasses and they can't level up. The others are all fine and are using other books, but the button gives an error on the XGE players. You can still manually upgrade by draging the dragon head, so it is just the wizard.

Yes, the XGE classes were upgraded when the book was revised for the new images; so leveling up may not work with the wizard yet.

ET the Elite
March 8th, 2024, 19:37
I'm unable to reproduce the second. The Magic Resistance gives the advantage on the saving throw but the damage is being correctly calculated. If you can give me steps to reproduce I can have another look.

I'm not really sure, I'm sorry. Even on a new file it does it for me. In my initial case I loaded the TOD Helmed Horror and when my players rolled damage for a spell it said "[damage] 'spell name' [0] -> [Helmed Horror] [RESISTED]"

I have tried it with the Helmed Horror again, including the MM one and on a fresh instance of the system with no extensions and it does the same thing.

LordEntrails
March 8th, 2024, 20:36
I'm not really sure, I'm sorry. Even on a new file it does it for me. In my initial case I loaded the TOD Helmed Horror and when my players rolled damage for a spell it said "[damage] 'spell name' [0] -> [Helmed Horror] [RESISTED]"

I have tried it with the Helmed Horror again, including the MM one and on a fresh instance of the system with no extensions and it does the same thing.
Can you attach your logs and show a screen shot of it occurring?

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2024, 20:44

A screenshot could certainly help. It should look like this.

Paperclipkiller
March 10th, 2024, 00:29
In the module "D&D Tales from the Yawning Portal - Against the Giants", the images Fire-L1-1-Players, along with the other Fire-L images load to a black image. The console throws up a line that says "[ERROR] Graphic: Unable to load file (modules/DD TYP Against the Giants/Fire-L2-2-Players.jpg) (*)"

These were images I was using for a campaign, is it possible they broke with the recent update since I was already using them?

Edit: I poked in the .dat file for the module, and saw all the files are webp files. I don't think they were before. What might be helpful on the developers side is if checking for the .webp file format fails then it checks for a .jpeg file format (at least in this case). That would help for any tables that were using the images before being changed to a webp.

Zacchaeus
March 10th, 2024, 00:50
Right click on the name of the image in the image list and select revert changes.

The_Great_DM
March 10th, 2024, 06:14
So one of my players uses the log section of the character sheet to keep track of adventurers they play, They used to have a lock and unlock button. The button is no longer there so it means that the logs that existed and were locked are now locked forever and the ones that weren't are unlocked forever, (new logs are also unlocked by default so they can take future notes)

superteddy57
March 10th, 2024, 06:37
For future reference, 4.5 will have the lock icon along the top of the window and no longer in the header space. I mention this as the focus is on the header space. I have verified this and made note to have investigated.

rocketvaultgames
March 10th, 2024, 20:05
DIA - Chukka and Clonk have each other's their Token - Camera images:

Chukka wields a silvered pike.
Clonk wields a hellfire warhammer.

Zacchaeus
March 10th, 2024, 20:09
DIA - Chukka and Clonk have each other's their Token - Camera images:

Chukka wields a silvered pike.
Clonk wields a hellfire warhammer.

Thanks, I'll note that for fixing.

Ecks
March 13th, 2024, 00:22
Rime of the Frostmaiden
Images > Aarakocra throws a console error:
Graphic: Unable to load file (modules/DD Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden (GM)/campaign/images/Aarakocra.jpg) (*)
Happens in a new campaign (nothing to revert)

superteddy57
March 13th, 2024, 02:09
You might run into a bunch of these as the core rulebook was updated and I haven't had time to back track to update the image links. It's on my list.

Moon Wizard
March 13th, 2024, 02:15
Reverting the module will restore the "base state" of the module. If there are links to those pictures outside the module, they will need to be re-added.

Regards,
JPG

rocketvaultgames
March 13th, 2024, 02:47
MCDM - Flee Mortals! - Hobgoblin Death Captain - Action - Multiattack - Errant line break between "two" and "Eye":

"The captain makes two Blightblade or two
Eye Fire attacks. They can replace one attack with a use of On My Mark."

rocketvaultgames
March 13th, 2024, 02:56
MCDM - Flee Mortals! - Hobgoblin Trooper - Action - Brimstone Dagger - Contains errant text: "BONUS ACTION"

Fight Me, Coward listed as an action instead of bonus action.

Zacchaeus
March 13th, 2024, 09:22
MCDM - Flee Mortals! - Hobgoblin Death Captain - Action - Multiattack - Errant line break between "two" and "Eye":

"The captain makes two Blightblade or two
Eye Fire attacks. They can replace one attack with a use of On My Mark."

MCDM - Flee Mortals! - Hobgoblin Trooper - Action - Brimstone Dagger - Contains errant text: "BONUS ACTION"

Fight Me, Coward listed as an action instead of bonus action.

I've notified the developer; thanks for the reports.

Lazybones1969
March 15th, 2024, 17:40
Some minor issues with Sleeping Dragon’s Wake (the second in the sequel adventures to the Essentials Kit adventure Dragon of Icespire Peak)

04.30 Arrival – The second paragraph is supposed to be formatted as boxed text (i.e., a chat frame).

04.30 Arrival / 04.31 C1. Lookout Post – A wood woad encounter is described in these entries but is not provided.

05.30 Arrival – it was not clear where Fheralai is to be found as an NPC, as no encounter is provided. It took a few rereads before I realized that she was a generic war priest that I needed to spawn in manually. My suggestion would be either to create a custom NPC with her name and add an encounter for her in this entry, or to bold the words “war priest” in this sentence (as is done for the other story entries in the adventure when referencing creatures): “Fheralai is a fanatical young half-orc war priest (see appendix A).”

07.20 Arrival at Leilon Point – the maps here do not have LOS occluders or lighting. This might have been on purpose since it’s a somewhat awkward map, but it would allow players to see the entire map when shared by default.

07.34 S4. Ritual Cavern – The skeletal shark NPC has the Water Breathing trait but the text indicates that it does not need to breathe.

Zacchaeus
March 15th, 2024, 18:30
Thanks for the report; I'll notify the developer.

rob2e
March 15th, 2024, 21:46
Some minor issues with Sleeping Dragon’s Wake (the second in the sequel adventures to the Essentials Kit adventure Dragon of Icespire Peak)

04.30 Arrival – The second paragraph is supposed to be formatted as boxed text (i.e., a chat frame).

04.30 Arrival / 04.31 C1. Lookout Post – A wood woad encounter is described in these entries but is not provided.

05.30 Arrival – it was not clear where Fheralai is to be found as an NPC, as no encounter is provided. It took a few rereads before I realized that she was a generic war priest that I needed to spawn in manually. My suggestion would be either to create a custom NPC with her name and add an encounter for her in this entry, or to bold the words “war priest” in this sentence (as is done for the other story entries in the adventure when referencing creatures): “Fheralai is a fanatical young half-orc war priest (see appendix A).”

07.20 Arrival at Leilon Point – the maps here do not have LOS occluders or lighting. This might have been on purpose since it’s a somewhat awkward map, but it would allow players to see the entire map when shared by default.

07.34 S4. Ritual Cavern – The skeletal shark NPC has the Water Breathing trait but the text indicates that it does not need to breathe.

Fixed for the next update. FYI the map without LoS was intentional.

Ecks
March 18th, 2024, 02:47
Rime of the Frostmaiden:

Chapter 3 > Xardorok's Fortress > X5. There is a Parcel in the Treasure section that includes "Chardalyn Statuette of Deep Duerra", however this statue is not in the iron trunk (it is in the closet mentioned in previous paragraph).

Chapter 3 > Xardorok's Fortress > X3. In the Secret Door paragraph the "Duergar Names" sidebar breaks the paragraph mid sentence, which looks bad. This sidebar text could be moved to the end after the paragraph (that's how its presented on D&D Beyond as well).

superteddy57
March 18th, 2024, 06:05
Pushed hotfix for Icewind Dale

Seleh
March 18th, 2024, 18:29
Noticed a typo in my Druid's Spirit Totem (Bear):

For the Effect = AVDCHK

I manually edited it to ADVCHK, and confirmed it worked, but wanted to let you know.

superteddy57
March 18th, 2024, 18:33
Thanks for the report. I pushed the fix in for review. Should be available with the next ruleset update.

rocketvaultgames
March 19th, 2024, 05:00
Parts of the transparent image of "Bitter-Breath" from Descent into Avernus that should be transparent are not transparent (between the fork blades and in the smoke).

Is there a way to have access to the old images with backgrounds in addition to the new transparent versions?

Usually I just want to show images and generally the transparent versions look worse than the old ones.

I understand the transparent ones are necessary/helpful for the new 3D modes, but if not using those, it's been a strict downgrade.

Bonkon
March 19th, 2024, 06:52
Good Day All :)
While looking at the reference manual for DotMM Shadowdusk Hold (Level 22) I was using the arrow buttons to scroll through the pages. When I scrolled from Kitchen I was suddenly on a page for Mess Hall, which there is none on this level. So I pressed the back key and instead of going back to Kitchen it went to Abandoned Barracks!. Looking further it goes to Wyllowood (Level 5). If you keep scrolling back it goes to level 5 Bat Cave then skips to Twisted Caverns (Level 4) Drow Outpost. I quit after that! This was tested in a clean campaign with no extensions or themes loaded. :)

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2024, 15:32
Good Day All :)
While looking at the reference manual for DotMM Shadowdusk Hold (Level 22) I was using the arrow buttons to scroll through the pages. When I scrolled from Kitchen I was suddenly on a page for Mess Hall, which there is none on this level. So I pressed the back key and instead of going back to Kitchen it went to Abandoned Barracks!. Looking further it goes to Wyllowood (Level 5). If you keep scrolling back it goes to level 5 Bat Cave then skips to Twisted Caverns (Level 4) Drow Outpost. I quit after that! This was tested in a clean campaign with no extensions or themes loaded. :)

Yeah, this is because there's more than one page with the name kitchen and when you click off kitchen It's finding the kitchen for an earlier chapter. I'll take a note to fix that (need to just rename the kitchen in level 22).

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2024, 15:36
Parts of the transparent image of "Bitter-Breath" from Descent into Avernus that should be transparent are not transparent (between the fork blades and in the smoke).

Is there a way to have access to the old images with backgrounds in addition to the new transparent versions?

Usually I just want to show images and generally the transparent versions look worse than the old ones.

I understand the transparent ones are necessary/helpful for the new 3D modes, but if not using those, it's been a strict downgrade.

I'll see if I can clean that image up a bit. All the images were replaced with webp; it seems unnecessary to have two images for the same subject.

Bonkon
March 19th, 2024, 19:07
Yeah, this is because there's more than one page with the name kitchen and when you click off kitchen It's finding the kitchen for an earlier chapter. I'll take a note to fix that (need to just rename the kitchen in level 22).

Good Day Zacchaeus :)
Thanks for letting me know. Now that I know that it makes it easier to fix. :)

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2024, 19:26
Good Day Zacchaeus :)
Thanks for letting me know. Now that I know that it makes it easier to fix. :)

It was actually more complicated that I thought once I had a look at it. It seems that this was probably an old issue that never got picked up and when I converted this one recently to campaign instead of par5e it embedded the error. So I had to hunt down a couple of pages and delete them and then add them back in again to sort the problem. I just submitted the amended files about an hour so so ago; so hopefully James can squeeze it into today's update.

tslewis123
March 19th, 2024, 23:58
The Player's Handbook isn't listed under the books tab. I checked the modules tab and the reference manual for the PHB is missing.

Moon Wizard
March 20th, 2024, 00:38
Let me check with the PHB DLC developers.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 20th, 2024, 00:46
I've rolled the PHB back to the last version, and notified the DLC developer. Please run a new Check for Updates to get the rollback.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2024, 01:09
The Player's Handbook isn't listed under the books tab. I checked the modules tab and the reference manual for the PHB is missing.

Clever me. Reference no longer exists in the export list and is now story; so I hadn't ticked story. I've fixed the issue so it should get updated soon.

Moon Wizard
March 20th, 2024, 02:10
I've just pushed the updated version that @Zacchaeus provided, so we should be back on track.

Regards,
JPG

ET the Elite
March 20th, 2024, 23:51
A screenshot could certainly help. It should look like this.

Sorry, I forgot about this, just remembered, checked it again, and realised it was entirely me being an idiot and having done something stupid. Sorry for wasting your time.

astromath
March 21st, 2024, 03:09
The error window pops up whenever I want to do anything with the image (map or otherwise). Log is attached.

This started happening after the update to 4.5.0

superteddy57
March 21st, 2024, 03:29
It appears to be one of your extensions might be out of date and not updated to work with the latest FG version. I would suggest disabling your extensions and trying to see if it produces the error. If not, then add them one by one and see which one is the culprit.

LordEntrails
March 21st, 2024, 03:30
Make sure all your extensions are updated. Then start disabling them until it goes away. I would guess you start with disabling Enhanced Spell Window then NPC Maker 5E as those seem the most likely culprits.

Nexos
March 21st, 2024, 20:02
In Monsters of the Multiverse, Goblin race traits look wrong:

Fury of the Small is calculated as 1 x Lvl (should be 1 x Prof)
Nimble Escale has an associated action that heals 1d12+CON?

Zacchaeus
March 21st, 2024, 20:17
In Monsters of the Multiverse, Goblin race traits look wrong:

Fury of the Small is calculated as 1 x Lvl (should be 1 x Prof)
Nimble Escale has an associated action that heals 1d12+CON?

Thanks for the report. I think that'll require an update to the ruleset. Not sure exactly where those effects are coming from.

superteddy57
March 21st, 2024, 20:24
Found the issue and will be available with the next ruleset update.

Moon Wizard
March 21st, 2024, 21:12
@The_Great_DM,

The fix for the adventure log locking is now available. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 21st, 2024, 21:21
@Nexos,

The fix for the goblin traits is now available. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

Nexos
March 21st, 2024, 21:23
@Nexos,

The fix for the goblin traits is now available. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

Wow, the price for the module doesn't even start covering the level of service provided :)

Nexos
March 21st, 2024, 21:32
@Moon Wizard

Nimble Escape is fixed but now Fury of the Small's damage calculation is empty?

Moon Wizard
March 21st, 2024, 21:35
Okay, I sent it back to @superteddy57 in the salt mines.
JPG

superteddy57
March 22nd, 2024, 02:22
@Moon Wizard

Nimble Escape is fixed but now Fury of the Small's damage calculation is empty?

I made a typo for the prof add to the damage. Should be sorted with the next push.

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2024, 18:45
This change is now available. Please run a new Check for Updates to get it.

Regards,
JPG

andrewcr
March 29th, 2024, 03:45
Wild Beyond The Witchlight - door Occuler error.

Map Players_PalaceLower which is for 05.07.29 P29. Rug of White Roses story entry.

The doors have the wall lines through them preventing player line of sight to work through open doors.

Spotted another door issue on the easertn side of room that is for story entry 05.07.22 P22. Ballroom

andrewcr
March 29th, 2024, 03:48
Wild Beyond The Witchlight - window Occuler Error

Map Players_PalaceLower - The stairs up to the throne room don't actually join to the towers shown on this map but to the towers on the higher level (upper level).

Its confusing. What needs to be done is the stair way ended earlier and then a pin to take a DM to the correct level. The windows should not be connected to the stairs.

It threw me out when running it. - should have been a better map to start.

andrewcr
March 29th, 2024, 03:50
Sorry dupliacte (see above).

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2024, 10:04
THanks, I'll get the first one fixed. I'll need to re-read some of the text to figure out where those stairs go. It sure looks like they join to that room.

andrewcr
March 29th, 2024, 21:48
THanks, I'll get the first one fixed. I'll need to re-read some of the text to figure out where those stairs go. It sure looks like they join to that room.

The stairs on the lower level go to the towers on the next map up.

It is a really confusing map. I have the print book version and I have still not worked out how to get to the throne room.

If you get the physical map (in book) next to each stair it say where to go. The problem was the stairs are drawn to connect to each window on the map level it is on.

This is one map where you should click on a pin and it takes you to the next map.

Good luck that's all I can say.

Griogre
March 30th, 2024, 02:58
Monsters of the Multiverse: Kobold Scale Sorcerer

Action Chromatic Org damage doesn't parse so there is no damage. IE "Hit: 9 (2d6 + 2) of a type of the kobold's choice: acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison, or thunder." needs to have a seperate damage for each type: Hit: 9 (2d6 + 2) acid damage or 9 (2d6 + 2) cold damage or 9 (2d6 + 2) fire damage, ect.

ColoradoGM
March 30th, 2024, 04:35
Kobold Press: Tome of Beasts II, Tome of Beasts II Lairs, and Book of Ebon Tides Appendix
(same monster stat block is in all 3 books)
Giant Water Scorpion is missing its claw attacks.

Zacchaeus
March 30th, 2024, 09:33
Kobold Press: Tome of Beasts II, Tome of Beasts II Lairs, and Book of Ebon Tides Appendix
(same monster stat block is in all 3 books)
Giant Water Scorpion is missing its claw attacks.

I'll pass that on to the developer, thanks.

Zacchaeus
March 30th, 2024, 09:34
Monsters of the Multiverse: Kobold Scale Sorcerer

Action Chromatic Org damage doesn't parse so there is no damage. IE "Hit: 9 (2d6 + 2) of a type of the kobold's choice: acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison, or thunder." needs to have a seperate damage for each type: Hit: 9 (2d6 + 2) acid damage or 9 (2d6 + 2) cold damage or 9 (2d6 + 2) fire damage, ect.

Noted, thanks.

rocketvaultgames
March 30th, 2024, 16:58
Tomb of Annihilation - NPC - Eye of the Deep - Alignment - "neitral" instead of "neutral"

Zacchaeus
March 30th, 2024, 17:05
Tomb of Annihilation - NPC - Eye of the Deep - Alignment - "neitral" instead of "neutral"

Thanks, I'll take a note.

ColoradoGM
April 4th, 2024, 19:44
Finesse weapon property decides whether to use DEX or STR before considering current STR modified by conditions or items, i.e. Belt of Giant Strength. This order of operations should be reversed. Might apply to other rulesets, not just 5e.

LordEntrails
April 4th, 2024, 19:56
Finesse weapon property decides whether to use DEX or STR before considering current STR modified by conditions or items, i.e. Belt of Giant Strength. This order of operations should be reversed. Might apply to other rulesets, not just 5e.
Are you applying this STR bonus via effects?
CT effects are not accounted for in the Finesse calculation (or similar things on the character sheet). As a work around you can specifically set STR or DEX for the weapon, as well you can directly mod the STR on the sheet and not via an effect.

ColoradoGM
April 4th, 2024, 21:26
yes. I'm reporting that I think CT effects should be calculated in the Finesse calculation. That might not be practical, but it would be better.

LordEntrails
April 4th, 2024, 22:06
yes. I'm reporting that I think CT effects should be calculated in the Finesse calculation. That might not be practical, but it would be better.
I don't know if that would be considered a bug or not. If Mr. Z or someone thinks its not, you might want to add it to the new request list; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featurerequests

Moon Wizard
April 4th, 2024, 22:37
You can always override on the weapon entry on the character sheet to force a particular stat to be used. There's no mechanism currently to check that in the attack workflow.

Regards,
JPG

Griogre
April 5th, 2024, 00:03
Kobold Press, Creature Codex, War Priest

The War Priest Action "Imbued Warhammer" damage doesn't parse right. IE "Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning damage, or 8 (1d10 + 3) bludgeoning damage if used with two hands, plus 13 (3d8) radiant (good or neutral priests) or necrotic (evil priests) damage." This doesn't parse, since that is not standard damage language.

It needs be something like: Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning damage plus 13 (3d8) radiant damage (good or neutral priests) or 7 (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning damage plus 13 (3d8) necrotic damage (evil priests) or if used with two hands 8 (1d10 + 3) bludgeoning damage plus 13 (3d8) radiant damage (good or neutral priests) or 8 (1d10 + 3) bludgeoning damage plus 13 (3d8) necrotic damage (evil priests).

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2024, 09:14
Thanks, I'll alert the developer.

StygianJim
April 5th, 2024, 17:34
I've posted about this in another section here, but somehow the Reference Manual for Planescape: Turn of Fortune's Wheel has disappeared from my campaign after a recent update. I cannot find it in books, or modules, and though I have all other parts of the module, the reference manual is gone. Also the walking tower map 4.1 is broken and only shows the DM layer. Support sent me a link to post on it here.

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2024, 19:07
I've posted about this in another section here, but somehow the Reference Manual for Planescape: Turn of Fortune's Wheel has disappeared from my campaign after a recent update. I cannot find it in books, or modules, and though I have all other parts of the module, the reference manual is gone. Also the walking tower map 4.1 is broken and only shows the DM layer. Support sent me a link to post on it here.

This was fixed this morning. Please run another update.

Griogre
April 6th, 2024, 01:22
Monster Manual, Salamander

Spear action, the damage doesn't parse correctly because the "+" sign is used instead of the word plus. IE "Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage +3 (1d6) fire damage, or 13 (2d8 + 4) piercing damage +3 (1d6) fire damage if used with two hands. Or Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, range 20 ft./60 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage +3 (1d6) fire damage." is not the standard damage language.

The damage should be something like this: Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage plus 3 (1d6) fire damage, or 13 (2d8 + 4) piercing damage plus 3 (1d6) fire damage if used with two hands. Or Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, range 20 ft./60 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage plus 3 (1d6) fire damage.

Zacchaeus
April 6th, 2024, 09:07
Monster Manual, Salamander

Spear action, the damage doesn't parse correctly because the "+" sign is used instead of the word plus. IE "Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage +3 (1d6) fire damage, or 13 (2d8 + 4) piercing damage +3 (1d6) fire damage if used with two hands. Or Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, range 20 ft./60 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage +3 (1d6) fire damage." is not the standard damage language.

The damage should be something like this: Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage plus 3 (1d6) fire damage, or 13 (2d8 + 4) piercing damage plus 3 (1d6) fire damage if used with two hands. Or Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, range 20 ft./60 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage plus 3 (1d6) fire damage.

+ works just fine, but in this case there's no space between the + and the 3. Insercting a space after the + in that line will make it work. (See the Tail attack below where there is a space after the + and you'll see that it works). I'll add to my list for fixing.

dendarii
April 7th, 2024, 12:55
Odyssey of the Dragonlords - Axe of Xander

The greataxe has no bonus, should be a +1. Also, the damage is coded as magic, and it is a magic weapon, so when equipped, magic damage type is duplicated.

Zacchaeus
April 7th, 2024, 14:15

The greataxe has no bonus, should be a +1. Also, the damage is coded as magic, and it is a magic weapon, so when equipped, magic damage type is duplicated.

Thanks, developer has been alerted.

rob2e
April 8th, 2024, 01:41

Fixed in next update (Tuesday?).

dpezet
April 10th, 2024, 03:28
I found a small typo in the Ultroloth NPC. It is present in the Monster Manual and Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus. In the description for the "Summon Monster" action, "ultroloth" is misspelled as "ultrololoth."

Zacchaeus
April 10th, 2024, 08:32
I found a small typo in the Ultroloth NPC. It is present in the Monster Manual and Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus. In the description for the "Summon Monster" action, "ultroloth" is misspelled as "ultrololoth."

Thanks, I'll take a note to correct that.

Griogre
April 11th, 2024, 00:09
Monsters of the Multiverse, Blackguard

The "Shortbow" action text also includes the "Dreadful Aspect" action title and text. Dreadful Aspect title and text should be in its own action.

rocketvaultgames
April 11th, 2024, 20:39
"Xanathar's Guide to Everything" - Item - Cartographer's Tools - Cost has period (.) after gp (should just be "gp")

"Xanathar's Guide to Everything - Players" - Item - Cartographer's Tools - Cost has period (.) after gp (should just be "gp")

Zacchaeus
April 11th, 2024, 21:29
"Xanathar's Guide to Everything" - Item - Cartographer's Tools - Cost has period (.) after gp (should just be "gp")

"Xanathar's Guide to Everything - Players" - Item - Cartographer's Tools - Cost has period (.) after gp (should just be "gp")

Thanks, I'll take a note to remove errant full stops.

Zacchaeus
April 11th, 2024, 21:30
Monsters of the Multiverse, Blackguard

The "Shortbow" action text also includes the "Dreadful Aspect" action title and text. Dreadful Aspect title and text should be in its own action.

Noted, thanks.

rocketvaultgames
April 16th, 2024, 20:39
Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus - Vehicle - Scavenger - Components - Grappling Claw - "If the targe tis a creature, it is restrained until the grapple ends."

Zacchaeus
April 17th, 2024, 12:01
Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus - Vehicle - Scavenger - Components - Grappling Claw - "If the targe tis a creature, it is restrained until the grapple ends."

Thanks, noted.

Griogre
April 27th, 2024, 18:22
Kobold Press, Creature Codex, Tveirherja

The action, "Spear of the Northern Sky (Recharge 5-6)" has a typo so the attack doesn't parse correctly. "Range Weapon Attack. +7 to hit," s/b "Range Weapon Attack: +7 to hit", ie change the period to a colon after Attack.

Also "Curse Of The Tveirherjar (Recharge 6)" is in the Trait section. It's a bonus action and probably should be moved to that section on the NPC sheet.

Zacchaeus
April 27th, 2024, 19:06
Thanks; developer alerted.

rob2e
April 27th, 2024, 20:33
Thanks, noted.

Fixed in next update (Tuesday?).